Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Leticia

Devon was sitting in the corner boot the lighting of the boot illuminating him. Alina opened the door and headed toward him pulling up a chair to be next to him. She had learned that your back should never be exposed to your enemy and that you should always be prepared in case of an attack. She had been careful on her way to the meeting place but she was not sure if anybody had fallowed her and she wanted to be prepared in case somebody had.

“Hey Alina, what’s going on?” Devon asked as soon as Alina had sat down in front of him.

Alina gave him a small smile and looked into his gray eyes. Alina was feeling his energy trying to figure out how much she could trust him. After reading his energy for a couple of seconds she said, “I need you to do some investigating for me.”

Alina had never asked for a favor in reality she was always the one granting the favor. Just the fact that Alina had looked for him and called him out to do and investigation was worrisome enough. “What kind of investigation do you need me to do?” Devon asked.

“I need you to look for anything that you can fine about the Luna family and the reason that they are not here.” Alina said a somber look coming over her face.

This was big and Devon knew it, because if Alina couldn’t even go to Sabro to do the digging of this information it meant that this was bigger than Devon had originally believe. “Why so interested in the Luna family all of a sudden.” Devon asked been unable to hold back his curiosity.

“It’s not important why I am interested. What is important and I want to know is if you are going to be able to look into this for me.” Alina asked looking him the eyes. Alina could feel the energy of somebody coming. She looked around the dinner and couldn’t pin point the source of the energy. “I just need you to find any rumors that began before their deaths and after they were all killed.” Alina couldn’t shake the filling of and kept looking around there was something coming and she couldn’t figure out what it was. Alina was so focus in figuring out where the energy was coming from that she was startled when Devon began talking again.

“I just have one question.” Devon said getting Alina’s attention once again. “Why did you introduce yourself as Ali to Alexander earlier?” Devon asked looking Alina in the eyes.

Alina knew that Devon was still guarded, trying to detect any trouble that might be coming his way. Devon was a person that like to be prepared for what was coming his way. “Devon, please truest me. Right know I cannot tell you anything but tomorrow I promise that I will tell you anything that you want to know.” Alina said taking Devon’s hand in hers and looking him in the eyes.

Alina felt the energy shift again around and her and this time she was getting a better since of where the energy was coming from. She shift her eyesight to the window and felt the energy approaching closer, she did not notice the car heading their way. Devon notice Alina’s tense demeanor and tried to find the source of Alina’s reaction. Devon reached over to Alina making her come out of the trance like state that she had been in. “I have to go but please trust me and try to find out anything you can. I will meet you at this address tomorrow.” Alina said as she was standing up and handing Devon a piece of paper with and address on it.

“You can count on me.” Devon said as Alina made way out of the back door of the dinner.

Two seconds later the door to the dinner opened getting Devon’s attention. Before Devon turned around to see who had just entre he put the paper away and turned around to see Alexander walking toward his table. “Two times in one night. It must be my lucky day.” Devon said as Alexander made his way to the both.

“I didn’t know that you liked this kind of places, but what are you doing here alone?” Alexander asked as he looked around the room after sitting down.

“This place fits me better then it fits you. So the question is what are you doing here? Are you fallowing me?” Devon asked giving Alexander a smug look. Devon and Alexander have known each other many years and have fought together in many occasions to protect and defend from the evil that would take over.

“No, not you. I was fallowing somebody else, but that is not here or there. I need to speak with you about something important that could not be done in public.” Alexander said looking around the dinner assessing if it was save.

Devon notice Alexander’s hesitation to speak about that subject that demanded that he fined me away from crowds. “This place is save, what do you need?” Devon asked looking Alexander in the eyes.

“I need you to go with me tomorrow to meet one of the members of the Luna family.” Alexander said getting comfortable on the both sit.

“I thought that they were all dead.” Devon said as he became curies once again. Alina had just been here asking for his help in finding anything that he could about the Luna’s and then here comes Alexander asking him to go with him to meet one of the Luna’s herself.

“That was what we all believed but somebody came forward and is claiming to be one of the Lunas.” Alexander said looking around the dinner once again.

Devon ponder his options considering that Alina had already asked him to be present at and event for her tomorrow night. But Devon was looking at this as an opportunity to do some research on what Alina wanted him to fine out. “What time? And where is this thing taking place?” Devon asked before making his final decision.

“It’s going to be at the Luna estate, this is the address.” Alexander said handing Devon a piece of paper.

As soon as Devon opened the piece of paper he knew that it was the same address that Alina had given him earlier. Things kept getting interesting. Devon had a feeling that if he mention to Alexander that he had already an invitation to the house he would probably get killed, especially is Devon told him that he was invited by Alina or Ali as Alexander knows her. “I will go with you.” Devon said he figure since he had promised Alina he would be there might as well go with Alexander. “Is there is another reason you wanted to see me?” Devon asked looking Alexander in the eyes.

Alexander stayed quite for a couple of minutes, “I need to know more about Ali. What do you know of her?” Alexander asked.

Devon was thoughtful for a minute, “Like I told you before she hasn’t been around that long, but Sabro brought her into the car racing scene. He announced that anybody that messed with her would have to deal with him.” Devon said thinking aback to the first time that he had scene Alina in action and a smile coming over his lips.

“Why the smile?” Alexander asked looking angry.

“Relax, I was just remembering when Sabro made that announcement. Not many headed it and when they tried to bully Ali, she took care of them with no hesitation or help from Sabro.” Devon said the smile still on his face. Since the begging Alina had been a mysteries creature that had capture the attention of everybody that she meet, making new friends whenever she liked.

“What happened to the guys that bully her?” Alexander asked a murdering rage coming over his eyes as the subject of Alina getting bully by some guys. Alexander knew that he need to keep his anger in check there was no reason why he should be made at the fact that some guys in past had tried to bully Ali.

“They are okay, know they fallow Ali around.” Devon said as he saw the emotions that played out on Alexander’s face. “Ali has this personality that has all those stuff worriers that she beat dancing to her tune.”

“Are you one of those guys?” Alexander asked as his anger increase with each word that Devon was saying.

“No, Ali and I became friends the old fashion way.” Devon said thinking back to when he first meat Alina. “Ali was the one that came to me and told me that we would be friends.” Devon said. Devon remembered that he had been lining against his car talking to a couple of his brothers when Alina came up to them and announced that we would all be her friends. By this point everybody knew who Alina was and who was she under the protection of. Devon remember laughing at Alina’s comment looking at Alina and asking what made her thing that my brothers and me would be her friends.

What happened next was kind of weird. Devon remembered that they were just standing in front of Alina wondering who this small girls thought she was ordering them around like that. When all of the sudden this energy that came out of Alina touched us all. It was obvious that Alina didn’t have a clue at what she had just done or even notice it. But it was not just the energy it was the words that Alina spoke after the fact, “Because you are all worthy worriers and care and protect the innocent with honor and bravery.” When Alina had spoken those words they were filled with so much respect and those words were phrase in such a way that it radiated old traditions. After that whenever Alina need something she knew that she could count on Devon and his brothers. Devon put those memories in the back of his mind and focused once more on Alexander. “I have to go, I will see you tomorrow.” Devon said looking at Alexander knowing that Alexander still wanted to keep asking question, but Devon knew that Alina wouldn't want him to say anymore then he had already said.

Alexander nodded his head and said, “I will meet you tomorrow night at the address that I just gave you.”

Devon got up from his sit, “I will meet you tomorrow night as promised.” Devon said moving toward the door and leaving Alexander alone in the dinner.

Alexander was still sitting in the both when he heard an engine come to life outside the dinner and took off. Alexander change his position taking the sit that Devon had beaked. Alexander had been contemplating everything that had occurred that night when he felt the change of energy that took over the room. It had been a couple of years since Alexander had felt this particular energy near him, but he recognize it right away. It was the presence of fried that was gravely missed.

“Come and sit with me old friend.” Alexander said motioning to the sit in front of him.

“It has been a long time. How have you been?” Sebastian asked as he came out of the shadows that the dinner created.

“Forget about me, Sebastian, how have you been? How do you feel after seeing your brothers?” Alexander asked knowing that one of the hardest things that Sebastian did when he choose his path was to leave his brothers behind.

“I am fine, although since I saw them I keep having this feeling that the end to this whole thing is nearing its end.” Sebastian said hope showing in his eyes although his voice didn't really say it.

“I am hoping that it is.” Alexander said train to get down to the rumor that had brought him here. “But that is not what broth me here. I need some information.”

“What am I good for?” Sebastian asked train to put his feelings of fear and hope in the back of his mind.

“I need to know how real the rumors about the Luna’s being alive is.” Alexander said looking straight into Sebastian’s eyes.

“From what I was able to gather over the years in being with Voca is that Bernardo found Rosa and Ricardo when they had gone to get their daughter’s from the place they had kept them hiding for the last couple of years. When Bernardo found them the first thing that he did was attack. He had not followed Voca’s orders to wait and that’s one of the reasons you see Bernardo trying to do everything he can in order to get back on Voca’s good graces.” Sebastian said letting out a deep breath.

“When the attack was first know about their where individuals that when to the attack area to try and figure out if anybody had survived. But the caves had done a good job in keeping their secrets and bearing anything that could be useful us to fine them.” Alexander said remembering the reports that he had received.

“That might had been what everybody believe even Voca himself but a couple of weeks ago we all found out that what we all thought to be threw was actually not.” Sebastian said as he rearrange himself on his sit. “Bernardo figure out that the oldest daughter Alina was alive by pure coincidence. Know he is obsess to make her his.” Sebastian said as he heard the small growled that escape from Alexander’s mouth. Sebastian looked out the window as he saw the night sky losing the battle with the early morning sun. Sebastian looked back at Alexander, “Voca believes that if Alina was able to survive the attack, that there might be a possibility that the rest of the girls did as well. He fears that the prophecy might come true.” Sebastian go up from his sit and got ready to leave. “I have to leave before they find me here with you. Take care of yourself old friend.” Sebastian said as he started to walk away.

“Your brothers still need you.” Alexander said before Sebastian walked out the dinner door. Alexander had a lot to think over and analyze. The Luna family had been a big influence in the community back when Ricardo was alive and know with the return of one of his daughters there would be renewal hope for those that were ready on giving up. The appearance of Alina Luna to some would appear as a sign or miracle that this fight still had hope and that promises that had been made between warriors so long ago had to be kept.



© 2014 Leticia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel like the story is starting to get slow. What do you guys think?

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Added on October 14, 2014
Last Updated on December 30, 2014


Author

Leticia
Leticia

CA



About
I come from a big family were i am the oldest out of three brothers and a sister. I lived in Mexico as well as in California, the experience between the two cultures which i believe bring a different .. more..

Writing
A Shadow A Shadow

A Poem by Leticia


Forgiven Forgiven

A Poem by Leticia