Falling in your sleep

Falling in your sleep

A Story by Dali Stroesser
"

||| Don't expect much- this is just a little freewrite from school.

"
It's one of those crazy dream things, where you feel yourself falling, falling, falling forever and yet there is a bottom to hit somewhere down there. You wake up in a snap and a jerk every time, grumbling to yourself as you find your face has been lodged in your pillow. Then you see the neon-green numbers glaring at you in the midnight lights, all awkward shadows under a sleepy, twinkling sky. a bright moon smiles at your cracked open eyes and casts its beams into your face. Then the room begins to adjust as you look around and get used to the dimness. Roaring and hissing sounds are distant as you were falling, falling into oblivion, it seemed. You don't feel the air rushing up at you like it should, but you know that at any second you will hit the bottom. Your mind is discombobulated in confusion, question, and nerves- how did this happen? Sometimes I wonder where I was falling from. all alone in your free fall, but not lonely. Some quirky messages from your brain to your imagination- and you wake up, your eyes twitching, shifting beneath your eyelids. Tired and moody now, you try to replay the fall in your head...

© 2012 Dali Stroesser


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on September 18, 2012
Last Updated on September 18, 2012

Author

Dali Stroesser
Dali Stroesser

USA. home of the brave, MN



About
I'm Pentecostal, Acts 2:38 (if you're curious, browse upci.org ). My favorite animal is horses and I love to draw. I'm good at math but I don't like it that much. *** I take no credit for my prof.. more..

Writing