Two Bad Eggzamples

Two Bad Eggzamples

A Story by Dali Stroesser
"

A curious story of curious eggs. What a curious thought. ((first draft))

"

    "Well that was rather odd," Mrs. Hubert said, cocking her bobbling old head to the side. Now that the silence was broken for them, the rest of the family returned to scraping burnt food from their plates and babbling about the strange event that had just occurred- the incident which was the very thrust of what this story shall evenutally, if at all, reveal.

 

~ @ ~

 

    It all began, or so it would appear, quite randomely. Kipp Hubert had been sent out to gather up the polka-dotted eggs from thir curiously stupid mothers, who spent their days laying and peeking their heads through holes in the fence. Kipp stuffed the eggs into the pockets of her trousers and carefully shuffled back to the house. If one let the polka-dotted eggs hatch, they would find themselves in a peculiar situation and in desperate need of some means of weaponry. Because after all, only the most vicious and dangerous creatures erupt from polka-dotted eggs. The Huberts raised them despite the possibilities, however, only because they tasted good with buttered toast.

    Kipp, a tomboyish farm girl, more of a worker than a daughter to Mr. and Mrs. Hubert, had previously and persistantly asked if she could hatch a brood of the polka-dotted eggs. She did not know what would come of them, of course, because everybody who was anybody never told children about the secret of the polka-dotted eggs until they were 21 years old. Then they were bombarded with it. Kipp was desperate to know before her time, and being the rebellious daughter she had always been, set out to hatch a brood herself.

    No one knew of the deed until her smelly younger brother peeke into the wardrobe's highest shelf on his tip-toes after she had left the room. There, for a fleeting moment, Carl Hubert's greedy blue eyes beheld the tops of eight or nine large, pulsing, polka-doted eggs. They had grown since they were plucked from their nests, and far more vivid.

© 2011 Dali Stroesser


Author's Note

Dali Stroesser
This is the very first draft. I'm typing this straight out of my notebook so..... yeah.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on June 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 22, 2011

Author

Dali Stroesser
Dali Stroesser

USA. home of the brave, MN



About
I'm Pentecostal, Acts 2:38 (if you're curious, browse upci.org ). My favorite animal is horses and I love to draw. I'm good at math but I don't like it that much. *** I take no credit for my prof.. more..

Writing