How Grateful Can I Be.

How Grateful Can I Be.

A Poem by Omar
"

This poem expresses my compassion and deep sympathy for the less fortunate as well as my regret that I do not do more for them.

"
I see them standing without a mere morsel to satisfy their hunger, not even but a drop of water to quench their insatiable thirst.  Expelled and cast out to live a life at the mercy of the elements and the grace of souls who understand their strife. 

How Grateful Can I Be to have all that they seek, yet still at fault for I want more than I can bear, I desire beyond my capabilities for I am no more than a soul, much the same as those poor souls who are rich in substance, I am poor at heart for my being aches to help those who find themselves in destitute circumstances for I have the daily essentials where as they lack them.  Am I not blessed and rich, am I not lucky and gifted.  My calling has been realised and therefore I am intent on acting upon this desire to better the circumstances of those who are seemingly poor.

Honest in truth they live, like all creatures in this world, they too deserve kindness and compassion for they are my neighbours despite the lack of a physical home to call their own.  They are my brothers and sisters whom I pass by everyday in hopes that their future is brighter tomorrow than it is today. 

Great is he, who has compassion for others outside of himself and strives to better the quality of life for those less fortunate then himself for he is rich in blessings and he shall realise it once humbled.

© 2016 Omar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
Added on May 6, 2016
Last Updated on May 6, 2016
Tags: poor, destitute, hateful, gratitude, expelled, cast out, strife, seek, need

Author

Omar
Omar

Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, South Africa



About
I'm a young, ambitious human in a world full of possibilities. I believe that life is what you will it (Seek and ye shall find). My poetry I have written are reflections of my truth and my perception.. more..

Writing
Fragmented Fragmented

A Poem by Omar