How Did I Get Here?

How Did I Get Here?

A Poem by Omar
"

This poem is an expression of a love recently lost to time,

"
How Did I Get Here?

Once a positively charged being of light who sought to share my light with everything and everyone around me, I grew dim in the pursuit of passion.

How did I get here?

I’ve cast myself into an unforgiving sea of rip tides and perilous waters, the sun has forsaken me for I have shut it out in the belief that I could burn brightly enough for more than I.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here; a tomb of love once aflame, now dust in the winds of Sahara.

Aflame, Ablaze, Now Absconded, for who could revive the ashes of a roaring, once glorious blaze of Love and affection, the night has fallen and the stars cascades from their place in the heavens.

No ray of light will save us now, we have gone under so sweet and so bitter, among the silence of great love lost.

How did we get here?

No mere witnesses to a miracle, we were the Miracle, A myth sweeter than any bedtime story of a pair who braved every storm but could not weather the test of time.

There exists a place in time where the echoes of our love, lives forever frozen, a momentary breath of bliss, forever burned in memory.

A lone piano sounds in space, floating among heavenly bodies as the memory of our love gracefully departs from our world where a moment was forever and the future never came.

Depart now, my sweet love, spread your wings and shed the fractiles of love before it shattered.

I am here now, cold and alone, with a new path ahead of me, a path to where I separate sea and sky and pull from behind the veil a bright and benevolent sun to warm this cold heart.

End.
-Omar Latief

© 2020 Omar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on July 17, 2020
Last Updated on July 17, 2020
Tags: love, lost love, break-up, lovers, aflame, ablaze, passion, sad, unforgiving sea

Author

Omar
Omar

Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, South Africa



About
I'm a young, ambitious human in a world full of possibilities. I believe that life is what you will it (Seek and ye shall find). My poetry I have written are reflections of my truth and my perception.. more..

Writing
Fragmented Fragmented

A Poem by Omar


Look Upon. Look Upon.

A Poem by Omar