Hijacked

Hijacked

A Story by Malychyte
"

Just blurting out a whole bunch of nonsense about depression, haha!

"

 You know that feeling?

It's the one where you're sitting upstairs, trying to get a project done, and everyone else is downstairs having a good time. It's also the feeling of going downstairs to join them and not being interested in any of it, so you head back upstairs.

It's the feeling of looking at the clock, seeing it show 7 p.m, and you're exhausted. And you had just awoke five hours earlier. It's the feeling when you planned out exactly what you were going to do all day, and didn''t get to any of it because...you just didn't. It's not like you were UNABLE to do what you wanted. You just forgot because you were busy searching the internet for something to tickle your fancy, when in actuality you've been going to the same four websites over and over, waiting for the next big thing to pop up.
Sorry, getting off topic. It's the feeling of procrastination, not in the act of, but the residual side-effects of putting things off. It's the feeling of boredom. Of anger. Towards anything, or nothing! You know that feeling.
It is what many people love to call and blame and ridicule as, depression. That's right, the truly vile word that everyone hides from, because frankly, they're worried they might catch it. Because it's a bug. A virus. It burrows itself deep under the skin, shuffling it's way to the brain, and without warning it starts sucking juices out of the brain without you knowing. Have you ever picked up the book series Animorphs? If not, there are these little slug-like aliens that dig into people's earholes so that they can literally take over their body. And the people still are conscious (somewhere in their head) to watch this nasty leech do things with their own physical person. Now there are kids who can turn into all sorts of animals so they can beat the alien things up, but that's not relative. Is the devious hijacking of our brain not so different from depression? We see it happen, we have a hard time controlling it.

Technically, no this isn't true. Technically, I'm no doctor either. I'm a writer, I can make up a whole bunch of crap on the fly. But it's relatable, right? It may have a deeper meaning, right? You don't know. I don't know! (Blew your minds there for a second, huh?)

Back to the topic at hand! Depression. It's manipulative, controlling, and taxing on the body and mind. How do we stop this? Let 's talk it out with others. So you've talked to your parents, your siblings, your friends, your psychologist, your strangers you accidentally bump into on the subway. Talking helps, it really does! But it just keeps coming back, like The Goo Goo Dolls. But unlike The Goo Goo Dolls, I'm not a fan of depression. So what now? Pills, they've worked with everything else, right? Let's resort to them!
Now we enter an unknown realm. For there has been evidence and stat charts made to prove the antidepressants work. However, certain people can easily go into this saying, “Great! I'll just take these once a day and if I forget, I'll be screwed forever.” Pretty drastic, right? But that IS a possible reaction to these. It's scary to think that someone is dependent on a chemical, but it's also scary to face it alone.
Which brings me to my common solution as of late. You're going to have a real hazardous process of getting over depression without someone there for you. Someone who can motivate you, someone who you can lean on, someone who in return YOU can help (You'd be surprised how much helping others makes you, yourself, feel better).
The only reason I'm writing about this is because I'm going through depression right now, sitting at this keyboard, struggling to make something come out of this. I want to sympathize with those going through it lately, or who have ever felt it before. And for those of you who haven't yet, don't think you're safe. Just know that there are people out there willing to help. With them we are strong, and we can fight this. Trust, faith, hope. These are not just wishy-washy nonsense to overlook. They're important in taking back your body from the ever-grasping hands of depression.
Thanks for listening to that whole spiel...now go back to whatever it was that you were doing. Go on, get outta here!! :)

© 2013 Malychyte


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on December 10, 2013
Last Updated on December 10, 2013
Tags: funny, enlightening

Author

Malychyte
Malychyte

Kalamazoo, MI



About
Hi! I'm a 25 yr old aspiring writer, trying to run away from my strenuous day-job and the thought of writing just excites me! I normally follow a formula of having tons of characters so you can atleas.. more..

Writing
Eyes Eyes

A Poem by Malychyte


Storm Storm

A Story by Malychyte