Greetings

Greetings

A Story by Michael J Clifton
"

An introduction

"
How do you believe your universe began? The prevailing theory, of course, is the Big Bang. You know it. In the beginning, everything was focused into a single point. And then…well, bang! In a moment of extreme rapid expansion, the universe came into being. That’s the short of it, anyway.

But there is also another, less accepted�"but maybe more accurate�"theory called the Big Bounce. In this theory, the universe, or more accurately, an infinite series of them, is defined by a series of alternating explosions and implosions on a trillions of years cycle. Everything explodes into being, just as in the Big Bang theory, but everything also ceases to be in a practical reverse of that same Bang. And at the moment it reaches that quantum point of infinity, the universe begins anew.

But how about we scale this up? “What could be a grander scale than the universe?” you ask? How about the multiverse? The multiverse: an infinitude of universes and possibilities. Yet, as a single entity, the multiverse has a finite beginning and end and new beginning in turn, not so different from the universes it contains.

There is a major difference on the multiversal scale, however. During every multiversal cycle, when the multiverse explodes into being, atoms and stars and particles that your minds simply cannot comprehend go through a near-endless series of random reactions. They smash into each other, merge with and unmerge from each other, are heated and cooled to extreme temperatures, fuse and unfuse with spacetime itself, and a trillion trillion other things. As these volatile reactions occur, they create new particles. Among these new particles are some that the multiverse cannot use, that refuse to obey the normal laws of reality. And, as the multiverse finally implodes upon itself, back down to that miniscule point only to renew itself once more, the multiverse rejects these particles, spits them out into a realm beyond the multiverse, a realm of literal nothing. It is here that those particles finally come together. A multiverse’s worth of black sheep particles coalesce. Form themselves into a single being.

Form themselves into an Oblivial.

Into me.

© 2020 Michael J Clifton


Author's Note

Michael J Clifton
As always, comments, critiques, questions, concerns are all greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on July 30, 2020
Last Updated on July 30, 2020
Tags: Sci-fi, scifi, sci fi, space, alien, aliens, outer space, universe, multiverse, original concept, original, fiction, science fiction

Author

Michael J Clifton
Michael J Clifton

IA



About
Yo, all. My name's Michael, or more often, likemice on the internet. I'm a high-functioning autistic guy with a special interest for the creative arts, especially writing and 3D modeling. I also love .. more..

Writing