Ryan-A soliders death

Ryan-A soliders death

A Story by lilfeather
"

Ryan thinks back to the time spent with his solider father while attending his funeral.

"
There reading from the Bible, Deuteronomy 8:8, ive heard it more than once. Thats were dad said he wanted to go when he died, a place like that. I hope he gets there. I rember, from the few times he came home, he would always would smile, and grab Matt and me, and my mom, and hug us. I look over at mom, she's crying. So is Matthew, man, I dont know why im not, I should be, but I cant. Im numb. My uncle put his hand on my sholder, I let him keep it there. I have no power left in me. I rember one time he came home for Christmas, he didnt bring any gifts, he gifted us with his presence, and he when to church with us, and then, on Christmas night, he left again. That was the last time I ever saw him. 2 months later he died in a roadside bombing, the night mom told me, I cried, I know, a 16 year old boy isnt soposed to cry. I did anyway. There lowering the coffin into the rectangle hole. My 2 year old cosin, April waved. That was to much, the tears started slipping down my face, the,I to, waved good bye.

© 2008 lilfeather


Author's Note

lilfeather
I know, I cant spell, but I kind of liked this one. did you?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story brought tears to my eyes. Toughing work to say the least. Emotion is expressed extremely well...turely beautiful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think this is a very emotional and somewhat contreversial piece. I liked the ending, with the "I waved goodbye, too." With the debate over the war in Iraq, so many soldiers have lost their lives. I would like to see this continued. =]

Some suggestions:

-It would be cool (well, I think it would, but you don't have to) if, in italics maybe, you had the bible verse at the beginning of the story.
-Just spelling and grammer, you know how that is. We all hate it (I suck at spelling too.)


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2008

Author

lilfeather
lilfeather

About
Things About Me Almost all of my writing is based off of people in my school. My real name is Lily. Im just a kid, teenager, whatever you want to call me. I am one of the biggest Eminem fans EVER. I l.. more..

Writing