the other note.

the other note.

A Story by dear madi,
"

for my friend katy.<3

"
  once upon a time there was a tiny music note. so tiny nobody ever heard him. He was a sad and lonely note. No one ever noticed him because of his tiny problem.  then one day  out of the blue he came across another note just as small as him. The other note was just as lonely and sad as the tiny had ever been. Since the two tiny notes found each other they weren't as lonely and sad as they use to be. 
    then one day, after being together with the tiny note, the other tiny note thought something out of the ordinary. Something the tiny never considered since meeting the other tiny note. the note said " why can't i be as loud as any other note?" "why do i have to go unheard for the rest of my life?" 
    to the tiny note, the other notes words were quite offensive. for he thought that the other note was the most beautiful note in the whole world. no matter how small she was. sadly the tiny note said nothing of this sort to the other note because he was too confused to understand his other notes reasoning for such words. and because the tiny note said nothing, the other note went quickly away, searching to be the loud note she wanted. 
   so the tiny note sat and sat all alone again. thinking of the other note everyday and thinking of ways to bring the other note back. he also thought of ways to make her smile for he believed the other note had the most beautiful smile. so the tiny note waited and waited for the other notes return. the tiny note waited so long that he almost let go of everything. He almost let go of his home, his world, his sound. everything, he was going to let go of and never return. yet his memories of the other note reminded him to not let go, for the other note’s sake.
   then finally one day, out of the blue, his other note arrived. but not the same as she when she had left. she was torn and beat and very tired. she had searched all over the universe to find her loud note. she had searched so long that she had forgotten what it was even like to smile. 
    after approaching to the tiny note, the other note finally met eyes the tiny note and grimaced, "this world is a terrible place to be. i have come to you for my last visit before i leave this hell and return home. this world has treated me terribly and i'm too weak to go on." the tiny note was so upset to hear such news he took hold of the other note, with tears peaking from his lids and screamed as loud as his little lungs could allow him " no matter how small you may be you are too beautiful of a note to leave me alone. as tiny as i may be i found my great sound." the other note never expected such compassion from the tiny note and didn’t know how to respond so she just cried. 
   the two notes sat in each others grasp. crying until they got the nerve to look at each other. both notes finally understood everything. the emptiness they felt, the compassion they felt, the hate they felt, and the love they felt, for each other, that had been present all along. the other note also realized that she was tiny. but with the tiny note, their voices collided in to the loudest sound ever heard. together, they were complete. They were on love.
   the two notes lived on singing and loving each other for the rest of eternity sharing their sound with the universe. and that was the revolution of melody and harmony. that was the story of music. end.

© 2010 dear madi,


Author's Note

dear madi,
my friend gave me one word and told me to write a story around it. the word was "music" and this is the revised version of the original i wrote in the 5 minutes she gave me. enjoy~

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's beautiful. You've put the story together nicely.
It makes me wonder why some people don't like just being them selves.
You've done a great job on this story. I could never write like that.=-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

on love ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2010
Last Updated on August 1, 2010

Author

dear madi,
dear madi,

About
hi, i'm madi. i'm a very insecure girl. i love food. i cry easily but that doesn't mean i'll cry in front of you. i hate to say it but i love a certain amount of attention. even though i'm in a relati.. more..