Satin and Leather

Satin and Leather

A Chapter by Sonya
"

Prologue

"

    Time... To some an hour goes by with deathly slowness, while others wish it would last forever. Whether or not paticence is a virtrue, it matters not, we are all bound by time, it's a whirlpool, which eventually sucks us in to oblivion. Many wish time never stood with significance. But time... it is like a ferris wheel. The hub of one hold its pieces together. Without the hub, it would surely fall apart in chaos. Much like the Earth without the sun. Like winter, it is slow. Silent. It is always cold as it is deadly. 

 

     Coincidence is what they call it, when two things happen in perfect timing and order under the given circumstances. Two things happen, normal, no?

 

 

     A young woman, possibly in her mid-twenties, walks down the dirt caked road back home in the midst of another cold, mercilous winter. What shall I do once I run out of food and supplies? naturally comes to her mind as any other single woman in these war-torn times, the Rampage Span, they called it. As the woman turns to her home, with its nostagic feel and warm walls, she smiled vaguely, her pale skin contrasted by the rosy. red complexion the frigid air gave her. Her black hair fell perfectly to her waist, enhancing the power of her pale, yet memorizing blue eyes.  She felt the wind intensify behind her, strands of hair whipping sharply against her face and eyes. Then, the wolves howled.

 

     A man about the same as the woman, maybe older, greets his fellow knights as they return from another battle. Raising his hand to his forehead, he nods on equal grounds with them. They walked away, leaving the man to his own thoughts of the Rampage Span and how it effected the profit and well-being of the Royal Ones and commoners. He scratched at  his blonde hair, shaggy and choppy, though not unkempt, fell in front of his solid green eyes. Men ran past him as the alarm was struck.

 

   



© 2009 Sonya


Author's Note

Sonya
memorizing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
Added on August 27, 2009
Last Updated on September 1, 2009
Previous Versions


Author

Sonya
Sonya

I ain't gonna tell ya JACK!, Japan



About
Don't click here! I LOVE anime. Bleach, Shugo Chara, Inuyasha, Devil May Cry, D. Gray - Man, Black Cat . Within Temptation, Flyleaf, ect. are AWESOME bands so me no likey Hanna/Miley, Zac.. more..

Writing
Pay the Piper Pay the Piper

A Story by Sonya


Characters Characters

A Chapter by Sonya