Dear [blank]

Dear [blank]

A Story by Lilly Lin
"

Something's going on.

"

Dear [blank],

I’m sorry we didn’t work. What’s funny to me is that I thought this would save our friendship. I honestly thought saying “no” was the right thing for “us”. I’ll always remember our secret handshakes, but if you want to forget, that’s okay. And I’ll remember all our inside jokes, but if you want to forget, that’s okay too. 

I know this won’t help much, but I want to offer you an explanation. I like you. No, I love you. But not in the way you want me to, so it may not feel like it, but I truly believe we’re better off leaving things alone. I love you like a brother. I know that hurts to hear and I’m sorry, but I want you to know that as someone who loves you like that, I only hope you can love me back in the same way. It may take time and I completely understand that, but when you are ready to be each other's again, I am always here. I love you.

Now, this part, I know won’t help. In fact, this will definitely hurt. I don’t mean for this to add insult to injury, but I hope that this pain will help you forget about me and move on, because you deserve more than I can offer you. I really like him. I know this is hard to hear but please bear with me. I like him in the way you like me. I like him in the way that I want to wrap my arms around his waist. I like him in the way that I'll stand on a wobbly cooler in the moonlight, just to be given a chance. I like him in the way that, as the sun rises, he’s the first thought on my mind. I like him in the way that I'll listen to the same song on repeat. I like him in the way that I spend my 11:11 wishes on him. I like him in the way that, although I may dream of more, I’ll settle for a summer fling if that's what he wants. I like him in the way that I'll hold all the fault. I like him in the way that if, for just a moment, I’m given a chance with him, I’ll be a little selfish. 

I hope you already know this, but in case you don’t, I never meant to hurt you. That was the last thing I wanted. I thought, maybe, I could let you down easy. And I felt that it was working. But then he showed up. And I’m not saying it’s his fault; it’s my fault. But he was just there. And I wanted him. I thought you were moving on. 

Dear [blank]

I’m sorry. 

I love you

But I like him.

Please, move on. To someone better. 

Forget me if you need to. 

Love,

The girl you knew a long time ago.

© 2015 Lilly Lin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on June 25, 2015
Last Updated on June 25, 2015
Tags: love, best friend, boy, boyfriend, romance, twister, confusing, love triangle, girl, high school, teenager

Author

Lilly Lin
Lilly Lin

Boston, MA



About
High school student looking for a space to post a couple pieces that I have written. Check out my youtube channel to watch videos of a few songs that I have written and many other covers @ Lillian Max.. more..

Writing
Runaway Runaway

A Story by Lilly Lin


She. She.

A Story by Lilly Lin