Like A Tattoo {William Beckett}

Like A Tattoo {William Beckett}

A Story by De'Anna
"

a fanfiction of William Beckett; lead singer of The Academy Is... which is on the Fueled By Ramen label (my fave besides Decaydence which was founded by Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy) this story has some truth to it; at one point in my life i was barely hom

"

“Hey Billiam.” I greeted my best friend, the lead singer of The Academy Is…

“Hey squirt.” He said doubling over to hug me. He was so friggin’ tall and I was as short as Patrick.

“So what’s the plan today, can I come?” I asked hooking my car keys on my belt loop.

“I was thinking you could spend time with Uncle Fall Out Boy.” He said, I rolled my eyes.

“Will, you said I could come with you today.” I whined looking up at him.

“But, I can’t have you under my feet all the time.” He said slowly, totally making up a lame excuse.

“Wow, yea, way to blow me off again.” I said folding my arms. He had been promising he would take me to see the rest of TAI, to visit my other good friends. But apparently they were always to busy to have me around.

“Can you just got hang with Pete today?” He asked.

“Whatever.” I sighed.

“I’ll bring you tomorrow.” He said before I could walk out.

“Promise?” I asked.

“Not for sure but-” He started, I left him. I slammed his door and got into my car. I drove back to Pete’s house where I was staying temporarily.

“Wasn’t Will going to take you to see the guys?” Pete asked when I walked into the house. I walked passed him and ran up the stairs, crying. I heard Pete sigh as I passed him. I went into my room and sat on my bed. He followed me up.

“I’m guessing he blew you off again.” He said from the doorway. I nodded as I folded my arms and looked away from him. All the years Will and I had been friends, he’d never broken a promise. Then suddenly everything he did was breaking promises.

“Why do you go back there everyday if you know what he’s going to say?” Pete asked coming to sit next to me.

“Because I thought that maybe one of theses days he’ll wake up and realize ‘hey my best friends comes here everyday and I keep turning her down just so I can hang with my buds without her’” I mocked as I cried, “I’ve been hoping that maybe he’ll see he’s hurting a lot of people and just go back to the old Will I knew.” I shook my head. Pete quietly listened to me. He put and arm around my shoulders. I leaned on him and cried my eyes out.

“I miss him, I wonder sometimes if he goes out to drink or something…” I said quietly. Pete looked down at me.

“I can assure you he doesn’t do any of that, he’s just over working himself and so are you. You need to rest; you’ve worked your a*s off all month.” He said acting very fatherly.

“I haven’t been working that much.” I lied.

“Oh really. Working at Guitar Center Monday through Friday, Djing Friday and Saturday nights, and your band on Sunday. You can’t tell me that’s not a lot to be doing, especially for your age.” He said cocking his eyebrow. It started to get dark out as Pete flipped my light on. I knew he was right. Pete was always right when he told me to do something, I always felt better after. I looked outside and then laid in my bed. Pete smiled at me. He kissed my forehead and turned the light out. He closed my door and let me sleep. I really need the sleep, so I found out.

I woke up some where around midnight to voices at my door. I had my back to the door. I looked into my window to see the reflection of Will and Pete in my door way talking. They had dimmed the light so as not to wake me.

“I don’t know dude, but she’s got no more room in her heart for disappointment. You should, of all people, be able to see that.” Pete said quietly. I stayed with my back to the door to listen to them.

“I just can’t have her under my feet all th-” Pete cut Will off.

“You know she never gets in your way. She’s happy just being there, off on the sidelines!” Pete said nearly yelling at Will. Will sighed, “You’ve got her all stressed because you haven’t been acting like yourself.”

“I’ve been caught up in work.” Will argued.

“Oh really, what kind of work?” Pete asked.

“Composing and working with the guys, they can be a pain you know.” Will said, he thought he sounded pretty important.

“You should see her work. She works at Guitar Center Monday through Friday, then does Djing Friday and Saturday nights, and then practices with her band on Sunday while being the lyricist and composer. And then she finds time to come and see if you will take her for an hour just to go see the guys that she misses. She grew up with you guys and loves them so much.” Pete said shaking his head at Will. Will stood, astounded.

“I didn’t know that.” He whispered.

“And everyday she come back home, disappointed her best friend couldn’t take an hour of his day to bring her.” Pete said walking away from him. I made sure Pete was downstairs before I turned around. Will looked at me, surprised I was awake.

“I guess you heard all of that.” He said coming to sit next to me on my bed. I nodded and rubbed my eyes.

“Do you really do all of that?” He asked.

“Yea, Pete missed that I also do community service.” I smiled. Will shook his head.

“That’s too much.” He said.

“Well if you bring me maybe I’ll quit one of my jobs.” I hinted. He smiled.

“I’m sorry I haven’t been acting myself lately.” He said.

“I forgive you.” I smiled at him, “You’re like a tattoo.” I stated.

“Why?” He asked.

“I’ll always have you.” I said. He nodded and actually started to cry. I pulled him to me to give him a comforting hug. I pulled his up onto the bed as we laid down together.

“I’ve never slept with you before.” He said trying to dry his eyes. I kissed his cheek as he turned to face me. I cuddled up to him like a daughter would to his father.

I woke in the morning to Will calling my name and jumping on my bed. I kicked my feet out and came in contact with something. Will ended up on the floor with a bang. I laughed and opened my eyes. I looked over the bed as he pulled me down. I collided with the floor next to him as I shrieked. He laughed as I smacked him.

“So when are we leaving?” I asked as we laid on the floor.

“Um, I was hoping you could…” He stuttered again.

“Will!” I yelled at him.

“Just kidding.” He laughed. He looked at me and leaned towards me to kiss me. He let go as he blushed. I smiled at him and reached up to his lips again. He enjoyed kissing me, his hands told me so. I opened my eyes to see Pete looking at us from my doorway. He was standing like he was going to walk but was frozen with one eyebrow cocked. I broke away from Will to grin at him. Will looked over his shoulder at Pete and shrugged.

“I’m not going to ask.” Pete said and continued to walk downstairs. Will and I looked at each other and laughed.

© 2009 De'Anna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
Added on February 10, 2009

Author

De'Anna
De'Anna

Hopless Valley, RI



About
Hey, My name is De'Anna. You can just call me De, or Kyla. Kyla is my name i use often in my stories and around the internet. I'm 16 and living in Rhode Island. I'm a junior at Chariho High School and.. more..

Writing
Moving Words Moving Words

A Poem by De'Anna