(Chapter 2) Larry: Now the part I hadn't quite told you about

(Chapter 2) Larry: Now the part I hadn't quite told you about

A Chapter by Anonymous

The summer of my fourteenth my father had planned a visit to Kingston. He was extremely busy, so I was lucky to see him and it happened to be his first visit since Easter that year. His business was doing fantastic, already in the top ten of the richest men in Britain, so no wonder he was busy. I was eager to see him, despite my anger towards him for leaving me with mother, he was still my father after all and I still loved him even after what he did. I had a comfort with him unlike mother.       But the problem was... he never came.


Apparently he had landed in Britain and had even arrived in Kingston. The police had traced his phone after he went missing, but no sign of him at all. Three years later and I’m still reminded of his disappearance every day, new news stories breaking out with various theories and stories of what happened to him. He was after all one of the richest in Britain, possibly the world. I knew none of it was true and I hadn’t a clue what happened to him. I didn’t understand why he never came to visit or why he went away. At first I thought it was me but when possible stories of murder or kidnapping got involved I no longer knew what to think. All I wanted was my father back, why was that so hard?


To make matters even worse, a year later, summer of my fifteenth, Ashley also went missing.

I was wrong about the time when I was nine and the day my father told me I was going to America without Ashley and I had said that was the biggest tantrum of my life. The day she went missing, most definitely tops them all.


I just broke down. Which I’ll remind you, isn’t easy for a guy to say.


But this was different, this was my friend my best friend, my Ashley and she was gone. I searched for days, I didn’t understand. I didn’t understand why history was repeating itself or why life decided to be cruel or why she was taken away from me. I didn’t understand why we deserved this. I just wanted her back, why was that so hard? I decided to blank out any possibilities of murder or kidnap; I wanted to remind myself that she would be happy, that she’s in a better place somewhere. Yes I was in denial and yes I was completely breaking down, but I had no other choice, I just no longer knew what to do.


I snapped out and remembered I was talking to mother. Don’t end up like them. The words raged in my mind. Keep your cool.

“I’m not coming home. Bye.” I hung up and placed my phone back on silent into my front pocket.



© 2012 Anonymous


Author's Note

Anonymous
Any suggestions are welcome - Looking for any improvements necessary :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

you go into memories alot with this piece, that's okay, if it has meaning, if not then try to space it out over the whole book with something that happens realated to a memory. realistically if larry's father is one of the top richest men of anywhere he won't just dissappear. someone would have seen and recognised him when that happened. second to last paragraph grammar different, this was my friend, my best friend, . the last part confuses me a bit, i'm getting the impression that in all of the chapters so far he is on the phone with his mom. if i were you i'd collect all those chapters and put them together

Posted 12 Years Ago


Little less fantastic I won't lie. It's definitely one of the shortest chapters I've read. You could've expressed more emotion from the character about Ashely's disappearance instead of just saying what he did after. Heart wrenching though, if you used more descriptive words you could make anybody cry when Ashley disappears just like his dad. It's ok, still reading on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This chapter was a little short; you could have added a lot more detail here about Ashley and maybe the setting, but still, this is turning out to be a really great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

And another epic chapter is written! This is amazing! Larry's rebelious streak is really a great addition to his personality! Keep the good writing coming!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2012
Last Updated on April 17, 2012
Tags: beginning, teenage, mystery, love, birthday, home, fantasy, strange, adventure, life, book


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

United Kingdom



About
16 years old from Britain, wanting to improve my writing. Some of my favourite authors are; Suzanne Collins, Charlie Higson, Derek Landy and Lemony Snicket. :) more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Anonymous



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Anonymous