Why?

Why?

A Story by lindsay

    It was a cold, rainy night on March 23, 2003. I was 7 years old and just started Kindergarden. My mom went to bed and I couldn't sleep because of the vicious storm. The lightning was as bright as the sun and I was scared. I was lying on my bunkbed in the dead, cold night when all of a sudden I heard a crash in the living room. I got up slowly and grabbed my old ratty teddy bear.

    I walked down the long, narrow hallway to the living room. I get to the end of it and there I saw my dad in the darkness. I started to go back to my room silently but he already saw me. He grabbed my arm tightly and I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

    "Why are you still up!" he screamed.

    "I'm scared of the storm," I said with a sniffle.

    He grabbed me tighter and dragged me to my room.

    I screamed, "stop it! You're hurting me!"

    "Shut up!"

    Tears streamed down my face. I thoughr to myself why does daddy hurt me? He shoved me against the white, hard wall.He grabbed my teddybear out of my little hands and I screamed loudly. He slapped my face and my little body landed with a thud. My mother walked in and was wondering what happened. She walked to me and was gonna help me up until my dad grabbed her wrist.

    "Don't help that pathetic little girl." he said. 

    "She is my daughter; I'm gonna help her up." 

    I was getting close to my mom until bam, she flew across the room. She wouldn't move. I got up and hit my dad as hard as i could.

    " Don't hurt my mommy!" I yelled with courage.

    He hit me and I landed on my back. I looked into his dark brown eyes. He moved toward me and kept hitting me. I couldn't feel pain anymore. I felt him stop, I looked up to see where he was but my vision was blurry. I heard sirens and then I was out.

    I woke up to a white hospital room. There was an iv in my right arm and my mom's hand in my left hand. My mom looked at me with her watery eyes.

    " I gotta pee." I said softly.

    I got up and walked to the bathroom" On the bathroom door, there was a long mirror. I looked into the girl's deep, cold blue eyes. I saw bruises and the stab wound on her left side. I stared at her for a while. I thought to myself, I hope daddy won't hurt me anymore.   

© 2012 lindsay


Author's Note

lindsay
It was hard to write. but I wanted to tell you guys my story...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel stronger telling it....

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ky
As hard as it was to write, I dare say it was harder to go through. And yet it seems you've come out of it stronger.

Well written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2012
Last Updated on April 17, 2012

Author

lindsay
lindsay

weston, WV



About
i'm sixteen and i'm a sophmore at Lewis County High School. more..