How Could You?

How Could You?

A Poem by Lindsay Hope
"

Heartbreak is a killer.

"
How Could You?
That is the question that runs through my mind at the thought of you.
How could you just decide one day that I meant absolutely nothing to you?
When the evening before, you made sure that you were my everything. 
How could you just lie to me like it was no big deal?
When you made me promise you nothing but the truth. 
How could you just drop me like I never existed and let your heart wander to hers?
When you kept on making sure my heart did not stray, and stayed with yours.
How could you take my already fragile heart made of glass and just smash it to the ground in a million little pieces? 
When you said that I was sweeping up the pieces of yours and putting them back together.
How could you crave the taste of her lips, her body?
When you said you still had the taste of me lingering on your lips, yearning for more.
How could you go on and act like everything is okay, how can you go back to living your life like I never happened?
When you left mine in shambles, the thought of you bitter on my mind, and the taste of you bitter on my lips.
How could you just leave leave like you did?
And never bother coming back. 

© 2014 Lindsay Hope


Author's Note

Lindsay Hope
I hope there wasn't too many grammatical errors, that is not my strongest suit! Hope you enjoyed reading, I would absolutely love to hear your feedback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Brilliant questions for those who break your heart to steal another's. There was extraordinary emotion in these lines. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lindsay Hope

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
I think you did a good job with this piece. Structurally, I might break up some of the larger lines.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lindsay Hope

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your review, I really appreciate it!
it's strange how people just change completely, all of a sudden. they just do and leave us wondering: "how could you?"
you have described the emotions very well.
well written.
i liked it!
:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lindsay Hope

9 Years Ago

Isn't it so strange and horrible? Thank you so much though! I really appreciate it.
Pushkar Prabhat

9 Years Ago

it is indeed(not the poem! :p). you are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 25, 2014
Last Updated on August 25, 2014
Tags: love, romance, heartbreak, sadness, poem, poetry, teen, life

Author

Lindsay Hope
Lindsay Hope

Philadelphia, PA



About
Hello! I'm Lindsay, I'm almost 18 and am currently a college student (going to school to become a Physician's Assistant). Writing is a huge aspect of my life (along with fashion and music), and I look.. more..

Writing
Creep Creep

A Poem by Lindsay Hope



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..