Teach Me To Whisper

Teach Me To Whisper

A Poem by Linda Marie Van Tassell
"

Teach me to whisper like early-morn blush against the cheek of the illumined sky.

"
























Teach me to whisper like early-morn blush

against the cheek of the illumined sky,

like the green blades of grass beside the rush

of the river that is hastening by.


Teach me the love that is found in a rose

and written in crimson calligraphy

across the earth, making merry of woes,

in a swirl of fire and epiphany.


Teach me the touch of immortal extent,

wherein forever is found in a flash,

where shadows of thought are an aliment,

a source of life among ruin and ash.


Teach me the hope of the blossoming bud,

tremendously tender and spun sublime,

with her flesh on fire from euphoric blood

and flaming curves that are bedewed with time.


Teach me the truth of mist on the water,

the white shroud of silence that drapes the blue,

where shadows hush like a quiet daughter,

waiting for the winds of a warmer hue.


Teach me the love of a lifetime of bliss,

where warm shades of passion burn like a fire,

where foreplay flutters are born in the kiss

between lips of unquenchable desire.


Teach me the joy that I see in your eyes

whenever I see you looking at me,

in that intimate way you alchemize

and turn my soul into a rhapsody.


Teach me to whisper the words of my heart,

the lover's song that I'm aching to sing

and bridge the distance which keeps us apart

by teaching heart how to lift its redwing.

© 2021 Linda Marie Van Tassell


Author's Note

Linda Marie Van Tassell

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Incredible...a sublime mix of hearthstone, open skies, and heartbeats.
'Teach me the love that is found in a rose
and written in crimson calligraphy
across the earth, making merry of woes,
in a swirl of fire and epiphany.'

Your touch in this poem beggars description. Where has your work been hiding?

Wonderfully complete and truly, truly original.

Daniel


Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Read request sent by Mark:

Nice. Very nice indeed.

Good work.

Markymark

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An outstanding masterpiece! I love it all, your metaphors, the gentle flow of your words, the rhyming scheme.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LSS
Simply wonderful! From the first stanza to the last, a masterful cadence and delightful morsels of words. The rich meanings interwoven into each thought, yet not stilted nor crudely done, but heartwarming causing us readers to savor each thought and idea, as they all flow serenely toward the same outcome where it all began. Wonderful!
LSS


Posted 14 Years Ago


Well, Linda, this is the first of you I've read, but it most assuredly will not be the last!
I am simply dumbstruck! Even to suggest a syllable more here, a preposition less there, seems blasphemous,this is so entrancingly lovely. Did you notice that almost every reviewer who wrote a "Favorite Stanza" within their review WROTE A DIFFERENT STANZA?? Each is as delightful as the last, each contributes to the whole. What a delight it is to find another who cherishes the old values, the old forms, and handles both so adroitly!
Thank you for reviewing "Oasis". To receive praise from an artist of your caliber is especially meaningful.
I invite you to continue to peruse me at your leisure; we share many common values, I believe.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow! This is amazling beautiful, I like how your words just flow down the page. You are very talented, I'll have to read more, excellent write I can feel the love in this write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Soft and gentle, this poem simply flows one word into another, line into line, verse after verse. The subtle discipline of iambic pentameter gives the poem a beautiful rhythm. The poem is lush and beautiful and begs to be read again and again.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An orchestra of words with infinite beauty. This poem is like a long, embroidered dress draping over soft, warm flesh. The lines themselves are a whisper for love, for unison, for incredible immensity. Apart from being a master of images, you can seriously tap into the furthest corner of any wandering heart.

-Nihad



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely write... I tend to find rhyming poetry antiquated, and limiting in its possibilities. But you have handled this with a very intelligent, as well as freeing hand, and mind :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

AMAZING... that was simply a gorgeous write that caught hold of my soul with each stanza.

"Teach me the love of a lifetime of bliss,
where warm shades of passion burn like a fire,
where foreplay flutters are born in the kiss
between lips of unquenchable desire.

I would quote the entire poem in it's beauty, but these lines really were sensuous and prolific, quite a wonderful poem!


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I was so caught up, transfixed really in the beauty and sumptuousness of this poem that I didn't realize until the end that it rhymed. So for that alone bravo. Bravo the whole poem in fact since you really take us on a journey of the senses into things we see and don't see, but should. There are lessons in noticing the world, our world and ourselves there. This is spiritual and quite gloriously passionate. Erotic in it the truest sense of eroticism. There is joy here in its truest most passionate sense.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11798 Views
242 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 60 Libraries
Added on November 4, 2008
Last Updated on April 25, 2021
Tags: Teach Me To Whisper, Linda Marie Van Tassell, Love, Whisper, Magic

Author

Linda Marie Van Tassell
Linda Marie Van Tassell

VA



About
Poetry has been my passion since I was about fifteen years old, and I love the structure of rhyme and meter moreso than just randomly throwing words upon a page without any form whatsoever. Whi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Addicted To You Addicted To You

A Poem by Bubo