Dream Of You, Me:  We

Dream Of You, Me: We

A Poem by Linda Marie Van Tassell
"

I stoke the fires of autumn with my quill and unfold in silence each memory.

"


I stoke the fires of autumn with my quill

and unfold in silence each memory.

Pleasures I have known, softly sleeping still,

awakened in a dream of you, me: we.

 

Your star so bright, I revel in its shine.

I sleep in your arms though you’re far away.

I drink of your lips, press yours close to mine,

and breathe in your essence, here by me lay.

 

Delights and passions and butter cream nights,

I still remember your tongue and your grooves,

the breathless moments and dizzying heights,

the sweet coercion of your gentle moves.

 

So far in the distance; yet, ever near,

you slowly press in upon the hours.

I think of you and dream of you - there, here -

your sweet mouth nestled among the flowers.

 

Your eyes serenely bright of verdant hue

are wistful and wanting no one but me,

and I acquiesce and fold into you.

I implore you, sweet night of ecstasy!

 

Let not this dream end to leave me alone

to drown in the ocean behind my eyes,

to make empty arms a promise unknown,

a fledgling with wings unable to rise.

 

Beneath the canopy of blue-black night,

a thousand tears fall in the patter of rain.

As morning rises and the sky grows bright,

I awake with quill in my hand again.

 

All the world weeps in the sound of the sea.

You are constant as the sun in my heart

awakened in a dream of you, me: we

forever to flourish, never to part.

© 2021 Linda Marie Van Tassell


Author's Note

Linda Marie Van Tassell

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"...you, me: we" - though separated by distance at times - keep those we love close, in our dreams, in our thoughts, as lines upon a page. For me, this piece honors the unknowable breadth and depth of love. I find it translucent, though it is transparent in many places - those gentle illusions that make the distance bearable... do nothing at all to detract from its strength and honesty. I know you seek to write that which will "endure"; you have said as much elsewhere. Perhaps, in some distant time, another "you, me: we" will read these lines once again and, by so doing, revive your thoughts as homage. It would be well deserved.

100 constant hearts


Posted 10 Years Ago


I stand in awe,you hold so much power and will in your words,you give a vivid picture and still depth in each line. Marvelous well done :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I give up. I tried so hard to quote a line. I don't want to quote the entire poem. I really believe you are one of the greatest poets I've ever read, and that includes the romantics, whom I hold so highly. Your poetry reminds me of Lord Byron's in its sweet and gently melodies. The way you shape such highly refined vocabulary to suit the framework of meter is a lesson in poetry all by itself. "the sweet coercion of your gentle moves", "and I acquiesce and fold into you" are great examples. Poetry like this is not just a delight for the eyes, but also for the ears, for to read out lines such as "Delights and passions and butter cream nights" is just heavenly. I can praise your poetry all day long. I'll just stop and add this to my favourites :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


This poem is magical.
I have goosebumps still.
You have a powerful voice, expression, and mastery of words.
Your words penetrate and linger, they stir up deep emotions and cause them to rise up and demand to be felt, their presence alive.
I wish I had the power to reveal to you what this poem is...something other, something divine, something beautiful, something that brings sorrow and yet elicits the purest delight.
This poem is utter perfection!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Amazing! So beautiful and lush. So deep and rich. So complex, yet simple. The ending wrapped the entire piece very well and left me speechless. Bravo!

Posted 10 Years Ago


We is a subject of hope for so many... memories to keep the parting bearable... breathe-able. I find my own memories of times - flow with the emotional need for sharing steps and paths. And when the paths diverge, yes - surviving hurts. You give a softness that draws and leave wishes within.

Posted 10 Years Ago


There is an insubstantiality about your work that belies your existence in the corporeal world. As I read, visions of hair, pen, hands and ink flow through my mind, but twist, turn, fade and obscure themselves as you squirm through flowers, leaves, bowers wings and night. I'm left with a quill, a hand, poised to write...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Again, your finest quality shines through: shimmering light through the evanescence of a snowflake, expressed in so many heartfelt ways.

Others may dazzle w/shapeshifting imagery; you illumine the inner mystery of any object, anything at all.

Your lines savor, caress, sacralize the ineffability of dreaming, of love, of desire.

World, time, yearnings dissolve in a divine flux.

Posted 13 Years Ago


the multi~layered yearning is palpable in theis elegantly penned poignant beauty with penetrating imagery of exquisite vividness~

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sadly, I could feel every scratch of your quill to
parchment. An intense longing written to perfection.


Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

843 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 23, 2010
Last Updated on May 2, 2021
Tags: Linda Marie Van Tassell, Dream of You, Me: We, Eternal Love, Quill, Unfold, Memory, Softly Sleeping

Author

Linda Marie Van Tassell
Linda Marie Van Tassell

VA



About
Poetry has been my passion since I was about fifteen years old, and I love the structure of rhyme and meter moreso than just randomly throwing words upon a page without any form whatsoever. Whi.. more..

Writing