Lean into me

Lean into me

A Chapter by Adam Dellow
"

I'm not going to describe what this one is about, because it takes away from the surprise of it all.

"

Lean into me


She stares blankly at the photo, and a tear rushes down her cheek. The nostalgia of one of the fondest memories she had of him was enough to take her away from what was happening. She was in her gown, him in his tuxedo; they were happy. She remembers that day as if she was reliving it all over again. Her vows to him, the way he smiled back, oh, and when he blushed, it made her feel like she was complete. Now she a piece so far away from her puzzle as she stared at the man she loved, barely being able to notice who he was.
            “Everybody shut the f**k up, just shut-the-f**k-up!” a man’s voice with a thick New Yorker accent yells as he brandishes his nine millimeter around desperately. The crowds sitting on the floor with their heads down start whimpering at the sight of the woman’s husband.
            The black gelatinous stream coming from the gaping hole in his forehead made her wince; the tile behind his head obliterated, and bloody. The weight of his life-less body leaned and fell into the woman.
            As she saw the men that were executing their hostages in exchange to get out of this bank alive, she looked at the held out picture in her hand.
            See, some people pray, others slip inside their heads; all she had was her picture of the man she loved.



© 2008 Adam Dellow


Author's Note

Adam Dellow
Another piece for 'Write Now'. This was for the first exercise, where I was asked to write something about a given image, which was of a bride and a groom.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on July 21, 2008


Author

Adam Dellow
Adam Dellow

my heart is with Welland (but living in St. Catharines), Canada



About
I do tattoos, write, animate, liquid dance, make music, paint, air brush, sculpt, and everything else in between. I just want to express my self to the fullest. more..

Writing
Living coffin Living coffin

A Chapter by Adam Dellow