Alive

Alive

A Chapter by Kaylee Nicole Landis

*WARNING! TRIGGERING!*

"Do what makes you feel alive," they said, but when I do, I'm considered crazy. I don't feel alive until I feel that cold blade drag through my skin, letting the blood run down my body.

"Destroy what destroys you," they said, but they get mad when I destroy myself.

"Stop doing that," they said, but they never gave me a reason to. No one’s given me a reason to stay alive.

"I'm here for you, I always will be," they said, but they're all gone now. Each and every person that got close to me left, who else will walk away?

"I'm here if you need to talk," they said, but now they treat me as a stranger. We’re strangers with a history.

"Hide your scars, they’re hideous," they said, but at least they take away the pain. They’re reminders of everything I’ve gone through, and made it out of; battle wounds.

"You're pathetic," they said, but nothing they said could hurt more than what I said to myself.

Nora was considered one of the "unpopular" girls at the school. She didn't have any big brand name clothes, she didn't have any special talents, and she wore glasses, and didn't wear makeup. She kept to herself at school, ignoring the ignorant comments that spewed out of people’s mouths.

Only one person got to her, and made her feel terrible; herself. She's only ever wanted to be special, have good times and just not be picked on. Then she started cutting, at first by accident, then she just kept going. Nothing ever felt right until she drug that lifeless blade across her skin, bleeding out her own fears until she felt alive.

But nothing could stop her, she was in a prison of her own making, desperately trying to dig out, but wanting to fall under. She had the chance, and she took it, but will she survive it?



© 2014 Kaylee Nicole Landis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on May 16, 2014
Last Updated on May 16, 2014
Tags: bestfriends, bullying, cussing, cutting, death, depression, drowning, drugs, drunk, fear, hurt, pain, smoking, suicide, tears, teens, triggering, wasted