February 4th

February 4th

A Story by Maggie

Neck tilting to the right, eyes dropping slowly down and climbing back up, observing every move, every single move.

Silence. Chaos around you, questions being asked, answers thrown back and there's a smile of mockery. A simple twitch of the lips, and superiority comes rushing through. A simple answer would be substantial, however that's not enough.

Your PHD plaques plastered in your brain, radiating through your eyes. Pressing further down on each person in the room, except for you. You grow taller and taller as you use words that you feel are too large and complex for us to comprehend, pushing further and further down on us. Playful laughter escaping your lips, as your mind continues to form sentences to describe how inadequate each one of is, pushing further down. Explaining to us that this information isn't new, that it should still be found in our less than average sized brains, because even simpletons like us should be capable of such things. Pushing down and down and....

It's stopped. The smile is gone, and this time you seem to be shrinking as the rest of us grow taller. There's only so far that you can push us, and we're about to reach our limit.

© 2011 Maggie


Author's Note

Maggie
angry angry angry, confusing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow... this sounds like a philosophy professor I had one time. :) I shouldn't smile at your discomfort. I read this one in the first place because the title is my birthday. Go figure it had to be a negative experience for you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Brave writing of yours and so telling of how it is in the world. I still remember one of my college professors would write on the board with one hand and erase with the other. This was totally frustrating to keep up and get it all down.

PHD, MD, etc, etc, is just to say that this person is an artist. Some are good, some are better artists than others, and some are just incompetent. Education and scientific knowledge does not give any mind the right or the ability to lord it over and press down on any other of God's creatures. Some take advantage of their particular station in life. Funny thing happens when they approach death, which eventually finds us all, they learn how little their mind really is.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 4, 2011
Last Updated on February 4, 2011

Author

Maggie
Maggie

Ireland



About
I write what I feel,it's not extraordinary,it's barely good,but it's what I write,and I can call it mine. What you see here is the real me. This is the person I hide away, and here I can let everythin.. more..

Writing
Home Home

A Story by Maggie


Sinking Sinking

A Story by Maggie


Selfish Selfish

A Story by Maggie