Kerala A Travelogue

Kerala A Travelogue

A Story by anandbose
"

It's a description of Kerala

"

Kerala, metonymyed as God’s Own Country is one of the fifty destinations to be visited are per National
Geographic.  



Legend has it that Parasurama threw an axe into the Arabian Sea and carved a land called Kerala.



There’s also a legend that people were incensed with Shiva and said that we were not getting enough intoxication and Shiva in anger threw some hair on to the earth and out of it weed was born.



Prominent to see in Kerala are the mystic, tranquil backwaters, the heart and soul of Kerala. One can spend days and nights in them cruising slowly, watching the exotic birds, the lush paddy fields, the season of the monsoon all which forms a poetic epiphany.





Next there are the virgin beaches of Kerala, a paradise for tourists. The beach at Varkla is very famous, garden of water thronging in delight. Once while I was there, I came across a bookshop which had books of all nations. You could pick your book or exchange a book.  Famous are the massages of Kerala, famous for rejuvenating the body.



Next comes the famous garden of aromatic tea and spices. It’s a pleasure to watch little hills of bloomed tea leaves. Once in Munnar, one becomes infatuated with the beautiful smell of tea leaves and spices.



Idukki a district of Kerala is famous for superb marijuana called as blue rope (Neela Chadayan). Grass has become very scarce in Kerala owing to strict vigilance of the police. But it is still thriving.

© 2019 anandbose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on March 29, 2019
Last Updated on March 29, 2019
Tags: Kerala, God's Own Country, Narrative, Travelogue

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing