April 8th 2019

April 8th 2019

A Story by anandbose
"

It's journal

"

I had to do a bit of traveling today to put my son in an autistic school. The journey took 5 hours approximately.



I woke up the morning after a goodnight’s sleep. Nature revealed itself in the art of meditation.



The sky became a poetic marvel�"magic landscape�" a gaze so poignant�"a whisper of sound�"a beauty to fathom�"a surreal dream�"a fictional oeuvre�"a drama so memorable�"a poem of the soul. The Sun rose as Handle’s Messiah. I feel so happy that I have found myself in Christ.



Little Children

When the little children came to Jesus�"the disciples shooed them away. Then Jesus said: bring them to me and said: if you want to enter the Kingdom of heaven, you must be like little children. Little children as an Idiom means, being innocent.  In this world, little children are a few. In this world of desires, it is hard to be like little children.



Walking on Water

When the disciples of Jesus were in a boat, a fierce storm struck. They cried out to Jesus: ‘master we are drowning’.  Then Jesus walked on water and pacified them. Walking on water means, accomplishing a difficult task with ease. Mathematics for him was like walking on water. The exam for her was like walking on water.



Barabbas

This occurred during the trial of Jesus. On a festival day it was a custom to release a thief. So Pilate asked the mob: ‘who do you want to release: Pilate or Jesus? The crowed replied: ‘release Barabbas’!  Barabbas as an idiom means condemning an innocent person. Courts should not become Barabbas.



Pilate

We all know the story of Jew-clergy convicting Jesus. When Jesus was brought to trial before Pontius Pilate: he washed his hands in public and said: he is not taking any responsibility and said to them condemning Jesus is your responsibility.  Pilate as an idiom means not taking responsibility.  It is common to have a Pilate in the daily walk of life.



Dogs Get Scraps

This is an incident in which a mother requests Jesus to heal her afflicted daughter.  Then Jesus said to her: you have to wait your turn. Then she replied humbly: ‘even dogs get scraps’. Dogs get scraps means things turning out in your favor. I wish my life would be a dog that gets scraps.



Macondo

Macondo is a fictional village in the Novel 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. The people in the village belong to the 18th century and they are eccentric and whimsical. Macondo is an Idiom means not relevant to contemporary times. Some places in the world are a Macondo. The speaker’s speech was a Macondo.



Ephphatha

Ephphatha is an Aramaic word and said by Jesus during healing meaning: ‘be opened’.  As an Idiom it means something lucky and favorable happening. Let my days be an Ephphatha.



Temple

When Jesus was questioned by the Pharisees: Jesus said to them: the temple would be reduced to rubble and in three days time in will be built.  The Pharisees mocked at him and little did they know that Christ was talking about his death and resurrection. Temple as idiom means: coming out from ruins to a world of peace and prosperity. Oh God Jehovah: let a temple happen in my life.

© 2019 anandbose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on April 8, 2019
Last Updated on April 8, 2019
Tags: Journal, memoir, autobiography, Christianity, Bible, Idioms, Temple, Ephphatha, Little Children, Pilate, Macondo, Dog's get scraps, Barabbas, Walking on Water

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing