April 22nd 2019

April 22nd 2019

A Story by anandbose
"

It's a Journal

"

Morning passed on as serenade of poetry. The sky resembled an abstract painting. Poets chirped and tweeted. All was wonderful and sweet with nature. I thank God Jehovah Jesus for continually blessing me


I was reading into the Novel Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky. The protagonist of the novel is Rascolinikoff and he is in dire poverty. He hatches a plan to murder his landlady and her sister. He plunges a hatchet on their heads and kills them brutally. Though initially confident about the success of the murder, he loses his nerves and becomes demented and confesses his murder. How can we portray the character of the protagonist? He suffers from the Marquis De Sade complex. He is driven extreme love and self hate. He does not have the confidence to overcome the obstacles of his life. What makes this character peculiar is losing all desperation he confesses his guilt. This novel is one of a Quixotic Tragedy. The feeling of love is totally absent in the character. Is the character a resemblance of Dostoevsky’s psyche? Is it the author’s demented narcissism? The protagonist can be considered to be a tragic postmodern hero. The confession of guilt is so remarkable of Christian Scruples.

    

Kathi (Knife)

Kathi or Knife in Malayalam is an idiom which means telling fibs. He says Kathi all the time.


Masala (Ingredients for curry mixture)

 Masala in Malayalam is ingredients for curry mixture. As an Idiom it means flattering someone. He is putting masala over her.

© 2019 anandbose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on April 22, 2019
Last Updated on April 22, 2019
Tags: Idioms, Kathi, Masala, Journal, Memoir, Autobiography, Marquis De Sade complex

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing