The dark reflection confronted

The dark reflection confronted

A Story by Tom W.
"

continuing a unwelcome start elseweb. man thinks himself psychotic talking to mirror until actual crimes occur. always has ironclad alibi yet still is not believed. we pick up this as he has lost all.

"

Bricks covered with frost rime of the December wind share space with the littered glass on the floor of my living room. The curtains flap in the breeze as I ignore the harsh glare of the lights from the news vans and yells of my former friends and neighbors howling like wolves at my release and seal the room off to keep the house warm.

fifty hours all spent under the watchfull eyes of cameras and police while a body count to match those hours stacked up. All at what appeared to be my hand using knwledge only I should have known.

I can not blame them even my own wife was brutally raped as my children were forced to watch then beaten by what they were all certain was me. I have lost everything to the demon in the mirror but the question remains why did he see fit to only perform this while giving me a perfect alibi?

I do not care any longer. The final assault that left the female Detective apparently catatonic at the station seemed to show he wishes a final confrontation. I sit in the kitchen seeing his distorted reflection challenging me from every chrome knob on the cabinets to the to the whiskey bottles glass face . I can no longer hear the words with the raging blood boiling in my ears drowning them out as I sit pondering options that change with each nip taken .

The rage and mild alcoholic veil are pierced as he says"May as well just off this b***h." from the full length mirror at the end of the hall leading off the kitchen.

I shift to See Detective Cable the grasp of my darker reflection trapped behind the glass,knife held to her throat and raging charge towards them.

My own demonic reflection spins the knife quickly nicking the back of his own hand just enough to draw blood and slahes the blade not across her throat but at the mirror. a rainbow edged rent appears as he shoves her through first and she seems to disappear as I dive for them both.

Grinning he holds his odd blade before him fully expecting me to impale myself as I fly through the hole in the mirror .

I twist at the last second and roll low while drawing the small revolver that I had originally intended to use on myself and it barks out three shots in succession.

The grin fades as he stumbles through the ragged hole in the mirror staring at his own blood in disbelief as the shimmering hole closes behind him.

I quickly rise up and give chase but now the mirror has sealed and I see him drop the knife and fall dead. futilely I pound on the glass as a odd little man leaps from the bathroom mirror enters the hall and retrieving the knife my demon self held and leaps quickly back in to disappear.

Seconds later I am still pounding on the mirror as the police swarm into the house to find the body but do not hear or see me as I sink down pounding still from inside the mirror.

© 2010 Tom W.


Author's Note

Tom W.
I plan on adding to this be it starting a new story or making this part of a chapter remains to be seen

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on December 28, 2010
Last Updated on December 28, 2010

Author

Tom W.
Tom W.

NH



About
overweight,old,unemployed loser looking to improve his writing more..

Writing
Kalfirins story Kalfirins story

A Story by Tom W.


The culprit The culprit

A Story by Tom W.