Mark Twain and the demon drinking

Mark Twain and the demon drinking

A Story by Tom W.
"

pt 5 of the stacy and elmer story

"

Tom sawyers had finished white washing as Stacy drifted into slumber. Sam Clemens placed the book quietly upon the shelf and went out to join the demon Elmer for his promised reward.

Elmer poured them each a shot of "Hitlers tears and whimpers " brand whiskey and sat heavily in his chair making the steel squeel in protest despite the fact you could have dropped a baby hippo without as much noise. Demon and friendly soul winced at the noise simultaneously and glanced toward the lost childs souls room but she continued to slumber.

'Pardon the expression ,but there is going to be hell to pay when your boss gets wind of her." Clemens said downing his shot and enjoying the smooth aged burn of justified torment.

Downing a quart sized shot himself Elmer pondered before replying" yes, but I am hoping you can help her see she does not need me and heads into heaven before it comes to that." he finished letting out a rumbling sigh.

"you do not mean that. hey, you really like the kid! a soft hearted demon if only the world knew."

"Sam, keep your mouth shut it is not about what I want .It is about what is best for the kid. Take her on a fun tour, show her paradise she desrves better than hanging out with an old nasty demon....... plus she cramps my style !! it is tough to be intimidating with her giggling every time I growl."

The demon gave his friend a cold hard stare that would have made most other souls flee in terror " You owe me Sam , I am calling it in . stay the night and take the kid on a nice tour of paradise when she wakes up."

Clemens took his walking stick from beside his chair and promptly smashed it to splinters on the demons forehead.

Elmers eyes just continued staring as the authors soul enraged stated firmly " I will do it because MY FRIEND .... has aked me , not because I owe you. call that debt in when you really need it. She seems a sweet thing just give me a bottle of that aged torment because ambrosia is to sweet for my grizzled taste.' he finished with a quick snap of the fingers that restored his walking stick.

Elmers eyes narrowed and he nodded in agreement. the author and demon spent the rest of the evening matching shots and discussing what demons and authors have in common.

 

© 2010 Tom W.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on December 29, 2010
Last Updated on December 31, 2010
Tags: stacy, elmer

Author

Tom W.
Tom W.

NH



About
overweight,old,unemployed loser looking to improve his writing more..

Writing
Kalfirins story Kalfirins story

A Story by Tom W.


The culprit The culprit

A Story by Tom W.