Hello

Hello

A Chapter by allonsy_doctor
"

"Evanescence"

"

She ran happily through the feilds, the grass tickling her feet. Not a care in the world. The last day of school has come to her school. I am walking softly by her, wishing, wanting her beautiful carelessness. Burdens drag down on me like thousands of bag. I envy those careless ones.

 

People want to send me somewhere where I cant cry. Mom, before she died, used to say crying was good. It got out all the feelings. People don't like it when I cry. They say it hurts them. They want to send me off. They don't love me like my parents did. Suddenly, I can't see the careless girl. I really don't care. I feel as though I'm going to cry again, so I stalk off to a tree and the familiar tears come.

 

Then, I see ambulances and terror wipes through me. I'm slumped on the tree, do they think I'm hurt? Dead? No, it's turning into the feilds. Then, my mind turns to the little girl and I shift uneasily. I know she's hurt. I stand, and walk over to the scene of the crime. On one of the playground monkey bars at her school, she's laying face down in the woodchips. My heart breaks and I cry. The police turn me and grimace. Her chest is not rising. The careless girl is dead. Overhead, rain threatens as thunder rumbles in protest.

 

I walk home silently, my hands clenched. Why do I have to be surrounded by death? I am a walking thundercloud screaming in protest to the death that surrounds me. Can't anyone see that's why I cry? Can't anyone understand, or am I alone in this world. Then, I hear something in my mind. Hello. It's my mother's voice. I ignore it. I'm probably imagining it.

 

I smile weakly and don't believe it. I begin to cry again, and wish it was all a dream, and when I wake up, mom will be here again. I feel those tears coming again and know I will wake up soon from this haunting nightmare. I begin to run but in this nightmare, running from the monster doesnt work. The monster is figurative, and inside my mind. That's what the "Hello" was. It was the monster tomenting me. It probably wants to fix me, like all the other people. The people who don't like me to cry.

 

Don't try to fix me, I'm not broken.

 

Protection.

 

I scream in protest as something racks my brain. I fall into the fence, then feel myself land face up in the woodchips. The same woodchips. Then, I feel a hand in mine. An eerie hand that closes in. It's the careless girl, laying beside me. With my mother's face. I fight the scream that rises in my throat.

 

Suddenly, I know I'm not sleeping.

 

I'm all that's left.

 

The voice IS my mother's and the little girl's. That's the monster that's waiting.

 

I silently close my eyes and wish I was dreaming again as the little girl hugs me in the woodchips of our death.

 

 



© 2009 allonsy_doctor


Author's Note

allonsy_doctor
Creepy. Eerie. Sad ending. Sorry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
Added on October 4, 2009


Author

allonsy_doctor
allonsy_doctor

In the TARDIS



About
Ello. My name is Olivia, but I am most commonly called Liv. I have changed quite a bit since our last encounter, in which I was obsessed with Heroes and JP. Now I am totally and uncontrollably in l.. more..

Writing
CHAPTER 1 CHAPTER 1

A Chapter by allonsy_doctor