Face Me

Face Me

A Story by allonsy_doctor
"

Looking into the darkness, peer into the light. Watch your back, but never look in front of you. What's in front is what will change your sanity.

"

Mysteries start with running, but this one starts with walking. And a question. My question. What if the person you love would kill you? What if the person who killed you was unfortunte, and unstanding? Voiceless, but horrifyed by the standing of the body. The blood on your hands. A murder that wasn't commited on the sure. Commiting a plan without an actual realization of the facts and effects. Before me loomed the bars and the shadows of my future.

 

Before me lies two choices. One held the bars and shadows, but instead of darkness, blood red liquid stained the shadows and darkness. Thou Shalen't Kill. The second choice bared the autospy table and blood dripping from the stainless steal. Knifes are stabbed into the wall. Gunshots ripple through my mind. Thou Shalen't Kill.

 

I am all that's left of whatever was of me. The shadow of my once self. I remember the time when my path was once not stained with blood. I couldn't face what I had done. I couldn't see anything ahead of me. Darkness and Scarlet covered my vision.

 

Yet, to the most provision of my deepest, darkest mind, I couldn't find it within myself to regret what I had done.

 

Drenched in blood and rain, I ran through unending mazes of life and terror, trying desperately to escape the inevitable. This was the path I had choosen, willingly to the fullest extent. I stood at the final path, staring into the darkness and blood-drenched life I had choosen. At the slightest sound I jumped to the gun, my hand locking on the pocket-knife stashed away. Lying, cheating. That was my newest game.

 

Yet, I always looked behind. Into the darkness. It was the light, the advance, that stood in front of me, that I feared most. I watched my back,  but it was what was in front of me that scared me the most. The closer the light came to me, the bigger my shadow became. I followed the shadow, into the darkness, away from the light.

 

Because, within the light, lay the truth that I so eagerly wanted to escape. It was the truth that I was so blood-thirsty that I would kill again.

 

Forever to run.

© 2009 allonsy_doctor


Author's Note

allonsy_doctor
Inside the greulish mind of a serial killer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I second that. It's actually 'shan't as the proper abbreviation, and the proper, original verse is "Thou shall not kill,' I believe.

I LIKE THIS. Uhhhm.

" It was the truth that I was so blood-thirsty that I would kill again." This is weirdly-phrased. The beginning of the sentence seems, like, too long or something?

"blood red liquid stained the shadows and darkness." You can make 'bloodred' into one word if you like. Although this is a cool sentence, blood actually dries into a brownish color...I guess it's still wet?

"Yet, to the most provision of my deepest, darkest mind, I couldn't find it within myself to regret what I had done." This sounds like one of my characters. Hmmmmm. (Useless statement, hmm.)

"Voiceless, but horrifyed" THIS IS A COOL SPELLING but you don't need the y. it's spelled horrified.

" Knifes are stabbed into the wall. " Should be 'knives'.

Yeppers. There's my good deed for today NOW I SHALL GO BACK TO WRITING MY ESSAY.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Not "Thou Shalen't Kill" it's "Thou shal not kill" Shalent isn't a real abbreviation.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

332 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 9, 2009

Author

allonsy_doctor
allonsy_doctor

In the TARDIS



About
Ello. My name is Olivia, but I am most commonly called Liv. I have changed quite a bit since our last encounter, in which I was obsessed with Heroes and JP. Now I am totally and uncontrollably in l.. more..

Writing
CHAPTER 1 CHAPTER 1

A Chapter by allonsy_doctor