Snow Days

Snow Days

A Poem by Livia Rose

It's two a.m. and we need cinnamon rolls, so we put on our coats, and run barefoot to the store.  You hold my hand.  We eat them in front of the window, and count the snowflakes that melt away on the windowpanes like wisps of cloud.  Then we lick icing off of our fingers, and give each other tissue paper kisses softer than butterfly wings.  You fall asleep, your limbs intertwined with mine, your fingers curled around me.  I feel your smooth skin, and kiss each one of your fingertips.  You sigh contentedly in your sleep, and your breath smells like cinnamon.  When you wake up, you blink your sleepy eyes at me, and smile.  I kiss you gently, and you kiss me back.  We make French toast, and eat it in a treehouse.  Snow has gathered on the beams of the treehouse during the night, and we scoop it up and make snowballs to throw at each other.  We tumble down ice cream hills, and dance on the glassy pond.  We find a dead, frozen fish, its eyes wide and blank like bullet wounds, and stare at it for a long time, because we can't believe that something could just fade out of existance so easily.

© 2010 Livia Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on August 25, 2010
Last Updated on August 25, 2010

Author

Livia Rose
Livia Rose

Seattle, WA



About
I write dreams. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Story by Livia Rose


Notebook Notebook

A Story by Livia Rose


Life Life

A Story by Livia Rose