comfortable

comfortable

A Story by livicote
"

thinking about the future

"
What is security? She shifted in her bed. The sound of the rain in the gutters had been a sweet motif of her childhood nights, but her childhood- her days of learning what her future should be, but never expecting it to come around- was two years from over. Two years until graduation, and in light of these dark realities, the future seemed to breathe down her neck, an anonymous beast, an unfamiliar presence. What if her comfortable thoughts of a comfortable married suburban life in a comfortable average suburban town with the comfortable average suburban rain tinkling comfortably down her average suburban gutters, just as it was right then and just as it always had, would never come to be more than just that- thoughts? She had snuggled up in those thoughts when faced with the vast, cold wind of the future, but as the wind blows closer, the thoughts are shed, and she realizes that she doesn't want a comfortable average suburban life, and that the future for her is yet unimagined. Soon, she will be swept away by that vast, cold wind- but for now, she finds solace in the sound of the rain in her comfortable suburban gutters.

© 2013 livicote


Author's Note

livicote
tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
Added on February 28, 2013
Last Updated on February 28, 2013
Tags: future, scared, wind, fear, comfort, comfortable, uncomfortable, stark, discomfort

Author

livicote
livicote

Fayetteville, GA



About
I am seventeen years old as of the time I am writing this About Me. I am very interested in the Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator (I'm INTP,) philosophy (especially absurdism atm,) and select po.. more..

Writing
the realm the realm

A Poem by livicote