Not the same.

Not the same.

A Poem by Olivia Ashley

I remember when I first met you, your eyes would shine so bright and that smile seemed so true.
You had such big dreams and you knew where you wanted to be in this world. 
You made a lost girl like me feel found.
A few months later you started f*****g with cocaine and nothing seemed the same. 
That light in your eyes became a dark stare and that smile didn't seem so true.
I would watch you take it straight up the nostril and it killed me every time because i knew i shouldn't let this slide.
You're making your mother cry and your dad scared for your life.
The only time I see you is when you need my money to get more high. 
You made the drug environment your new home and started hanging with these people.
You're not the same, it's like your soul and motivation is gone and is never coming back.
You're messing with poison ivy and you had such a bright future. 
I feel like I'll never get you back because you love this life too much to stop. 
Please come back and get the help you need because the future that leads scares me. 
You look emotionless and soulless like everything around doesn't exist.
 I get so pissed knowing that I let you do this to yourself.
This road you're going down gets darker and darker the further you go and there's no light at the end of this tunnel.
Please get this help I'm offering you now, I need you.

© 2013 Olivia Ashley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on December 16, 2013
Last Updated on December 16, 2013

Author

Olivia Ashley
Olivia Ashley

Bikini Bottom, VA



About
a depressed stoner trying to make it through more..

Writing