Please Take Me Back

Please Take Me Back

A Poem by Olivia Ashley

You told me that you were sick of the pain and sorrows and that you found someone new.
You said that I put you through hell and that there was more bad than good.
I just need you now and I'm sorry for the way I acted and treated you, I want to fix it.
I'll do everything that I have to just to hear you say you love me still.
I know you're happy with her but I feel so empty without you and I'm just realizing what I had.
I've been getting drugged up just to forget the pain but all it does is make me miss you more.
Give me another chance and I swear I'll change, I'll be better. 
I just can't picture my life without you.
You were there through my worst and you know more about me than anyone else.
You talk about how happy she makes you. 
I have cried myself to sleep so many times because of the thought of you being happy with her.
I want you to be happy but I want to be the reason for your happiness, no one else.
Just take me back and things will change and I'll give you all that I can because I now know that's what you deserve.
I just need you.

© 2014 Olivia Ashley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this piece would do better with a format other than prose. I like the passion and need in it, but I want to see more structure to your plea. This poem has vast potential. Thank you for sharing it :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 21, 2014
Last Updated on January 21, 2014

Author

Olivia Ashley
Olivia Ashley

Bikini Bottom, VA



About
a depressed stoner trying to make it through more..

Writing