Onryo

Onryo

A Story by dilettante
"

This will be my first scary story! I am a fifteen years old Chinese who love to write scary stories! Picture credit to : The ring

"

    Onryo

Taking a sip from her lukewarm coffee, Mrs. Wilsons made a brief glimpse around her empty 4th grade English classroom: twenty-five posters hanging off the ceiling, three antiquated computers, three unclosed windows, and one Mickey Mouse shaped clock by the desk she is sitting right now.

Twenty more minutes before I can escape this asylum, and it will be another twenty minutes before I can reach my haven. Home Sweeeet Home.

Mrs. Wilsons thought to herself happily as she grade her last test. Finding no errors at all on the first page of the test, she is amused by this student’s outstanding performance on the mid-term examination. As she flipped over to the first page, she made a twisted grin at this particular student’s name. Jimmy O Brien.

“You little cheater,” she murmured as she took another sip from her coffee; now cold. Jimmy has been a little devil in her class for the past two months by copying other classmates’ home works, projects, and tests. At First she didn’t realize Jimmy’s deceit, but one day she found two exact copies of the same project handed in to her for credit, she knew something “illegal” was going on in her class. Jimmy was blaming the other kid for copying his project, but after a little investigation, Mrs. Wilsons was able to ascertain the truth easily. There was another incident three weeks ago where Jimmy cheated on the vocabulary test by secretly using his mini iPod for definitions, and since that day, Mrs. Wilsons had been keeping an alarmed mind when ever Jimmy hands in an assignment.

After she folded this little devil’s test and putted it in her pocket so she can tell this little devil’s mother, she made a brief stretch on her wooden chair. She knew it is time to go home when the bell finally made its glorious chime exactly three times. Even though it is 4 o clock in the afternoon, the sun is still blazing high in the sky. When she finally decided to get out of this place after grabbing all of her belongings, she noticed that the light in the storage room at the back of the classroom was left turned on. After making accusations randomly at her students, Mrs. Wilsons trudged to the back of the room to open the storage room’s door.

What the hell?

Suddenly the light bulb exploded in the room. Warily, she approached the door. When she put her palm on the door handle, another beefy hand suddenly grasped her tiny hand which now trying to open the door. She jumped and screamed with fear as she turned around to see a guy wearing a Yankee’s hat staring at her. Old Billy.

“I am so sorry Mrs. Wilsons?” He apologized quickly with a tone of mischief and Not So Sorry in his voice. After three seconds Mrs. Wilsons started to laugh hysterically at the prank the janitor had successfully done, but she was still sweating and her eyes were still intense. Billy was a professional athlete in his time, but after breaking his legs, he said his farewell to his beloved career. Mrs. Wilsons doubt Billy is at least 55 years old, but still a pervert nonetheless.

“You jerk!” She said it with rage.

“Come on, I was only joking around with you.” Billy apologized again but this time more sincerely. Mrs. Wilsons finally decided to forgive this old pervert under one condition: fix the light bulb in the storage room. Entering the storage room, Mrs. Wilsons coughed at the dust particles flying around the room, but Billy seems to adapt to this hazardous environment instantly.

“Sara, is this the first time this light bulb popped?” Billy asked Mrs. Wilsons as he glances up on the broken shards resembling what was once a shiny light bulb.

“Yes, I believe so,” Mrs. Wilsons said with little interest as she looked around the tiny suffocating room: A beat up chair, a bookshelf with spider webs covering books like a cell preventing prisoners from escaping the jail. Finally she spotted an old black board lying by the bookshelf. When she glances back at Billy again, he already fixed the light bulb by replacing the old one with a new one found in a nearby drawer.

“That shall do it, Piece of cake.” Billy said after a brief pause for air.

“I want you to wait here for me, I am going to get some extra light bulbs so when next time things like this happen again, you can handle it yourself like a tough woman.” He chuckled and laughed as Mrs. Wilsons made a wry face at his good-natured joke. After Billy left, Mrs. Wilson waited in the room patiently as she examined this whole room again. The chalkboard she noticed earlier actually depicted a childish painting of a woman with uncanny hairs.

“Don’t tell me its Jimmy again.” Mrs. Wilson mumbled to herself.

Pop!

The light bulb suddenly exploded again as bits of shards fallen on the grounds, and the sound made by large explosion shattered Mrs. Wilsons’s thoughts. As she tried to figure out what just happened, she thought maybe the light bulb Billy fixed on had expired probably two years ago. Mrs. Wilsons was a strong woman; she took care of her four children all on her own after finding out her husband’s affair with that despicable secretary. She repaired almost everything in her house with ease. As she gathered her thoughts together again she decided to fix this light bulb on her own. Opening the drawer where Billy found extra light bulbs, she found another light bulb which seems to be still in perfect condition. Taking the light bulb out of the tiny box, she examined it before twisting it on the light conductor. After waiting for three seconds, the light bulb pop into life. As she smiled at her work with pride, the door behind her was shut with a large thump and the light bulb she fixed on suddenly exploded in front of her face. She was overcome with fear and claustrophobia the second the door behind her was shut.

At that second she recalled her first encounter with darkness and nightmare, she was twelve when she fell down a hole of an abandoned construction site; she still remembered the vivid image of her being trapped in the hole for a whole night. Her creative imaginations transformed nearby trees into monsters, swings into gallows for the pirates, wind into unspeakable cursed chant, and the whole construction site into a Indians burial ground. When she was finally rescued at the early morning by polices, her parents were sobbing with joy, but she was still shocked by the whole haunted night for the next several weeks as the scene reappeared in her nightmares with real monsters and witches.

Oh crap, no no no, not this again!

Mrs. Wilsons thought frantically at the situation she is in right now. After standing in the room for brief seconds, she rushed to the door and tried to open the door with all her strength, but the door won’t budge. Just when she planned to scream her head off, the door suddenly opened with the familiar Yankee hat janitor standing at the door.

“You! You evil b*****d!” Mrs. Wilsons now really pissed off, and she shouted with rage at another prank Billy had done between the last twenty minutes. Billy on the other hand seems to be satisfied at what he had done to poor Mrs. Wilsons.

“Haha, Sara, I gotcha again! Man I am satisfied for this whole month!” Billy said with satisfaction. After examine Billy’s body, she spotted several extra light bulbs hidden in his possessions.

At least that ugly pervert completed his task

Sarah thought optimistically.

         “just shut up and fix this bugging light bulb, it popped twice after you left.” Mrs. Sara Wilsons demanded. Billy seemed puzzled at what she said, so Sarah told him about her failed attempt on fixing the light bulb that popped right after he left. Chuckling, Billy told Sarah to stand back while a man does his duty. Sarah resented his pompous nature, but she also laughed at his crude jokes. After putting the light bulb back on, Billy told Mrs. Wilsons that she is good to go. After Billy told Mrs. Wilsons that he better get going because he needed to clean principal Jack-a*s’s room, Mrs. Wilsons also decided to leave this school and go back to her comfortable home. After Billy left, Mrs. Wilsons gave the uncanny storage room one final glance before exiting the door. On her way out, she spotted a lump of black hairs on the floor. She knew it was not her hair because her hair is blond. At the moment she picked these hairs up, her vision became foggy and she started to see things. No, not things, she saw a woman with long black hairs standing in front of her motionlessly, blocking her way from exiting.

“Excuse me, Miss, can I go through here?” Sarah said to this woman not knowing how this woman appeared or wanting to know why she appeared, but the woman remained motionlessly. When Sarah tried to pass through the woman through the door gap, the woman suddenly rose up her hands and placed it on Sarah’s neck. With instinct, Sarah dropped the hairs she picked up and reached for her throat to ungrasp the woman’s hands. After blinking twice, the lump of black hairs and the woman she saw disappeared from her vision. Tears were roaming in her eyes, and she coughed out black hairs that were tinted by blood. Looking around for the mysterious woman, she spotted no one except herself. Wanting to get back home desperately, Sarah picked up her belonging on the teacher’s desk quickly and ran to her car without saying goodbye to Billy or any other teachers she saw along the way. After getting inside her car, she breathed hard and looked at her reflection on car’s mirror- a red mark resembled fingers was marked around her throat. Getting the key inside the keyhole of the engine starter was very hard for her because her hands were trembling with nonstop. Finally she threw the keys on the passenger seat right next to her and screamed with agony. After brief seconds she buried her head on the driver’s wheels and cried. Not knowing why she is crying. Is it because of the pain around her throat? Is it because of the suddenly appearance of that haunting female? Is it because she is feeling what the female was feeling? Her thoughts are uncertain and all she wanted to do now is sleep. Sarah finally got control of herself and started the engine of the car, and it took her longer than usual to drive home.

You evil b*****d, you devil, you are not a human!

When she arrived at her garage, Sarah thought about her children, the children she had been taking care of for the last ten years. She thought about the court action her rich husband did that enfranchised him the right to take care of her children. The decision was simple and those juries were simple… imbeciles; Sarah was an insufficient mother with low wages but her ex-husband had the money to take care of the four kids. After eating a half-hearted dinner, she managed to watch an episode of Jeopardy.

“Todays categories are money, English, law actions, who got your donuts, and ex-husbands.” Johnny said with cheers and introduced the host, Alex Trebek. Sarah got everything in the English category, but she missed a lot on the rest of the categories. After finishing watching jeopardy, she went to bed earlier than ever before; 8 pm. She dreamed of herself inside her English classroom, and every children in her class were silent and staring at her with haunting eyes. Suddenly all the students rose their hands up with their mouths wide and pointed at something behind her. When she turned around to see what the students were pointing at, she spotted the woman she saw earlier during the day, but this time she noticed more facial features than she did before. The woman’s long black hairs were covering her face and she was dressed in a white skirt with white business shirt tucked inside. Blood was flowing out of the woman’s belly and suddenly the woman grasp Sarah’s body with inhuman strength. Sarah tried to push her away but the woman’s fingernails were carving inside her skins. In desperation and pain, Sarah tried to turn to her class for help, but what she saw was unimaginable; her whole class disappeared into thin air. Sarah screamed for help but no one came and so the woman dug her fingernails inside her back more and more until she finally woke up with sweat soaked through her nightgown.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

When she rushed to the bathroom to examine her back, she saw fingernail marks in carved in her skins. It is 2 am in the morning. Understanding that this event is uncanny, Sarah went to her computer to conduct a little research on this elementary school that she has been staying since this year. She typed in “Oak Tree Elementary School, NY”. Google showed her lists of events happened in the past years including teacher of the years, sport championships and�"This is when she spotted an unusual news agency report:

“Japanese immigrant teacher murdered, remained a mystery”

The body of Ms.Okasaki was found in a storage room in an elementary school after a janitor went to get extra light bulbs. It appeared to be a murder but there were few suspects to question except the janitor. Mr. Johnson the night shift janitor was detained in the police station for further questions…

April 20 1983

After looking at the image of the murdered woman along with her photos before the murder occurred, she found the woman to be at her late 30s with beautiful black hairs and eyes resembled the darkness of hades. The crime scene image depicted her to be stabbed several times at her belly and her dark hairs were tinted with blood. A sudden creak of her bedroom’s exit door send chill in her spines as she finished reading the whole story. After gathering her thoughts, she knew that the woman she saw in her dream was the woman murdered right here in this town ten years ago. Her thoughts were shattered when she heard her house’s front door unlocked and shut with a large thump. She dared not to make any noise because she was taught that robbers and thieves tend to carry guns and weapons. She was also taught that these devils are often fond of pretty women. She quietly locked her door and hid under her bed along with grabbing her phone so she can call the police. When she tried to dial 911, she was responded with no service. She attempted it over and over again relentlessly as she hears the footsteps growing louder towards her door. After the crescendo of noise caused by footsteps, it suddenly stopped. After another brief second it begun to fade into her Ex-husbands’ room. Relieved, she quietly got up and quietly unlocked the door so she can run to the front door and seek help from her neighbors. She opened a little gap from her door so she can peek the hallway to make sure no one is there. Peeking at the right warily, because that is where her ex-husbands room was located, she found nobody. Peeking at the left, she saw nobody emerging from that side of the hall. Chuckled to herself happily she doubted that the thief, or whatever is lurking around her home was probably thinking that she is not in her house since she parked her car in the garage and the thief had just found a jackpot in a random room. The safe to her ex-husband’s is located in the room the thief is in right now.

That’s right honey, keep messing with that b*****d’s lock and don’t bother ever coming out!

         After the certainty that she was safe for now, she stood up and opened the gap wider so she can get out of this sh*t hole.

“Hello beautiful” A voice suddenly emerged from the gap she opened, and she spotted Billy’s face, she screamed and shut the door tight on instinct and locked it.

“Billy, stop joking around, it is not funny anymore!” Sarah pleaded and cried.

“No no sweetheart, you see it is just the beginning of the show, welcome to jeopardy!” Billy said insanely with madness. At this point Sarah pushed her cabinet in front of the door to prevent Billy from entering her room.

“How much do you want to wage? A leg? A arm?oh oh, wait, how about a nose?” Billy said frantically as he continued on. “Did I hear something from you sarah? Did you just say lets make a true daily double?”

“Stop, pleaseeeeee, stop, stop it!” Sarah cried and yelled.

“Since it’s a true daily double, I will cut everything in half so you can have exact two copies of what you have!” Billy said with happiness in his voice. Sarah heard the noise of an engine and she knew what is going to happen to her. The door was suddenly cut in half along with the cabinet like cutting bread with an enraging chainsaw.

“Hello Sarah, you won the jeopardy!” This is the last thing Billy said before he grasped her hair and threw her head on the edge of the wooden bed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Waking up with her mouth covered with duct tapes and sitting in a chair with her both hands tied to it, she looked around the surrounding. Her 4th grade classroom.

“ohh, you finally woke up. I thought the only way to invigorate you back into life is by kissing your lips like a prince kissing snow white!” Billy said cheerfully as he played the knife in his hand.

Oh sh*t, no, no, no he is a F*cking psycho all along! I should have known that from all his tricks!

Billy’s face expressed sadism as he looked at Sarah’s face, because blood is flowing down from her head resulting from the earlier injury he afflicted upon her that had made her unconscious.

“Time for some fun!” He said it quickly along with suddenly cutting sarah’s first wrist. Blood started drip from her wrist. Sarah cried and yelled but no sound came out because of duct tape.

“You see, I am a good student, I meant a good student god damn it! I learned from my science class when I was in high school! I learned something! But that b*itch gave me a F on my tests and projects!” Billy started to talk calmly right after he cut her.

“And you see! She was my science teacher! No no don’t get me wrong Sarah, I loved her very much, and I loved her! She is very caring but nonetheless she gave an F on my final report card, and so I killed her so she can have salvation from her sins.” At the end of his grievance, his eyes were red and despite the darkness in her classroom, she could see him crying as her eyes adjust to this new surrounding.

“Do you want to know what I did?” Like a child who love to ask questions Billy looked into Sarah’s eyes.

“Oh please let me remove the tape first before you can talk!” Billy removed the tape that has been covering her mouth for the last few hours. She felt the redness around her mouth.

“Ehh, you killed her?” Sarah said it with natural instinct and Billy seemed to be satisfied with Sarah’s response.

“Yes! Very smart! I did kill her. I didn’t just bury the bodies, you see since dogs these days have a rather sharp nose, I stripped off her flesh while I bleached her bones.” At this point Sarah felt like to vomit because of the sickest story she ever heard and also because of Billy’s unbearable body odor.

“I deserved at least a D in her class, do you know why?” Asking a rhetorical question Billy answered it himself “Because I learned that it took roughly an hour and half before someone dies from wrist cutting along the artery line.” At this point Billy’s eyes are cold and he is expressionless.

“5 AM in the morning! Alright lets do the other wrist so it can end in 45 minutes!” Billy exclaims and his eyes were shinning with jubilation after another ten seconds from the previous comment.

“No No please let me go! I have four children to take care of! I will not tell anyone you did this. I swear! Please!” Sarah pleaded as she looked at Billy.

“Come one Sarah! You should be lucky! I stabbed that Japanese Woman at least 20 times before she decided to end her life on her own by biting off her own tongue.” Billy’s hand patted Sarah’s head like a father to his kid.

“Here we go! Here comes the airplane!” Billy said as he slowly moved his knife like an airplane towards Sarah’s other wrists. When the knife is an inch from Sarah’s wrist, she suddenly used her head and inflicted a major pain on Billy’s nose. Billy groaned and dropped his knife. Before the knife kiss the gravity of the ground, Sarah grabbed the knife and cut the rope frantically as Billy regain his ground. Managing to cut all the ropes that had enslaved her to the chair, she stood up the moment Billy stood up. The exit is behind Billy.

“You little b*tch, I will cut you and make you suffer for what you done to me!” Billy’s voice became forte. Taking no chances at all, Sarah ran back to the classroom and into the storage room. She locked the iron door and waited for the sadist’s arrival. Sarah can hear Billy pounding and kicking at the iron door uselessly, and after a brief second the noise stopped. Breathing hard Sarah lied besides the bookshelves and buried her head in her arms. No tears came out.

Oh no, no no!

Sarah thought to herself as she heard the Chainsaw roaming and screaming in the hallway of the school. The noise finally maxed out at the front of the storage room door.

“Come out little pig! I will huff�" ” The chainsaw started to cut through the metal door.

“I will puff�" ” Billy said as he finished cutting the door.

“and I will cut you into little cubes like what I done to this sh*ty door!” Billy screamed as he kicked open the door.”

“no. no. no.” Crying and shaking her head Sarah backed away, but she was greeted with bookshelves instead of empty spaces.

“Welcome to jeopardy!” Billy exclaimed as he rose up the chainsaw in front Sarah.

The room shook and the light bulb started to blink which caused sound of electric pulses.

“What the�"” Before Billy can finish his sentence, he saw a woman emerging from the drawing of the black board. The woman twitched as she climbed out of the board. As she stood up, her whole body twitched constantly and blood was pouring out of her mouth and her stomach. Her black hair is tainted by blood. Her eyes were huge with disbelieve and her fingernails were at least two inches long. She twitched and shuffled towards Billy slowly.

“Who the F*uck are you?” Billy’s eyes were covered with fear and his voice was trembling as he changed his chainsaw direction towards the black haired woman. When Billy charged at the woman with his chainsaw, the woman was cut in half and she lied there motionless. He laughed hysterically as he turned back to Sarah.

“No one, No one! Mess with me! You see that Japanese B*tch? I can kill and cut her a thousand times and she cannot resist me! Now sweetheart, it is your turn to end up like her!” After Billy said it madly, he started the chain saw’s engine again. Sarah’s eyes were not concentrated on Billy as she shifted her eyes back at the woman that had been cut in half just moment before. The blood surrounding the black haired woman started to gather up and the body that has been cut in half started to form into a whole again. Billy noticed Sarah’s digressed concentration, and when he looked back, his face was covered with fear and disbelieve. The black hair woman is an inch from Billy as she digs her long black fingernails in Billy’s Face.

“Get off of me! Please! Please!” Billy screamed and pleaded but the woman remained callous. Blood was oozing from Billy’s face. The long black hair woman moved her head towards Billy’s face as her hairs completely covered his face. Pulling her fingernails out of Billy’s face, the black hair woman grabbed Billy’s wrist and started to walk back towards the black board she emerged from. Billy’s pleads and screams were not heard because black hairs completely covered up his mouth. Sarah was still panting hard and her eyes were wide with disbelieve as she looked at this mysterious long black hair woman. When the woman reached the black board, she jumped through the board like a portal and Billy’s hands were brandishing madly before it is devoured by the chalkboard. Silence permeated the whole room for the next five minutes and Sarah remained motionless. There was a puddle of blood around her due to her wrist cut from earlier encounter with Billy. Finally, she got up and walked over slowly to the blackboard. What she saw frightened her. The childish painting she saw yesterday was replaced with blood. The long black hair woman drawing on the chalkboard was replaced with a guy wearing a Yankee hat, but his head was cut off. She can hear faint screech of agony from the drawing. Suddenly the screech became shouting as she covered her ears and fainted on the ground.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

She dreamed of the black hair woman sitting in a teacher’s chair grading tests, but she couldn’t see her face. She saw Billy skulking behind her and hit her on the head with a baseball hat. Sarah woke up inside a confined room with five to six people looking at her wearing surgical masks. Again she fainted. She dreamed of her being at the storage room, but this time it is different, she saw the black haired woman getting stabbed by Billy over and over again.

“No! Stop doing this!” Sarah shouted at Billy, but he didn’t hear her as he continued his job. Finally Billy seemed satisfied, he cleaned off all of his fingerprints and disposed any evidences that was an indicator for the identity of the killer. Billy left the room and sat on the teacher’s chair quietly as he glances up at the clock constantly. Sarah tried to help the black hair woman, but Sarah noticed that she was a shadow. When she thought that the woman was dead, she saw the black hair woman started to move slowly again. The woman was shuffling toward the blackboard, and when she reached the board, she drew a series of foreign letters using her bloody hands and at the end she spat all of her blood on the board. Mysteriously, the blood on the blackboard became a white chalk drawing of a long black haired woman. At the same time, Billy was calling polices about the death of a Japanese woman. After finishing the call, Billy turned around and fixed his eyes on Sarah, who thought she is unnoticeable. Suddenly a chainsaw appeared in his hands as he rushed towards Sarah. When the chainsaw almost reached Sarah’s neck, she woke up alone on a bed covered with white sheets.

“Doctor, detective, Mrs. Wilsons is awake,” shouted a woman right next to her.

“Hi Mrs. Wilsons, I am detective Alfenstein, can you tell me what happened?” A middle aged man is now sitting besides her with a concerning expression. Ignoring the question, Sarah looked around the room and started to chuckle. She doesn’t know why she was so happy, but she was very happy that day.

“We found a single black hair on your cloth, can you tell us who’s hair it belongs to?” detective Alfenstein asked again, but he was replied with silence and reticence. After sitting there for few minutes, the detective seemed to be impatient, and begun to ask a series of question over and over again. Finally Sarah replied something she doesn’t know the meaning of

“It belongs to onryo”.

© 2015 dilettante


Author's Note

dilettante
ignore my stinking grammar problems! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

769 Views
Added on May 11, 2015
Last Updated on May 11, 2015
Tags: horror, gothic, short

Author

dilettante
dilettante

Westampton, NJ



About
I am 15 years old Chinese Writer who have been in America since 2009 February 29. I really love to write gothic short stories. I am also: 1.Pianist 2.Composer 3.Gamer 4.Dreamer more..

Writing