Demons Inside

Demons Inside

A Poem by Joshua Hunter
"

We all have our own demons to fight, but we cannot beat them alone...

"

The demons inside me

They crawl and they claw

 

They want out

They want control

 

They will kill me

If they get free

 

I must keep them

They are mine to bare

 

They must stay there

The demons inside me

 

They must not get out

The world must not see

 

I must keep them

But I am not strong enough

 

I cannot beat them

They will beat me

 

I must get help

Can anyone help?

 

Suddenly help comes

He takes the demons away

 

They are gone

I am free

 

He came and took them

The demons inside me

© 2013 Joshua Hunter


Author's Note

Joshua Hunter
I don't usually write much poetry but there are a few ideas that are bouncing around in my head. So I will put them on paper and hope someone enjoys them. This is an issue I think everyone struggles with, we all have our own demons.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I enjoyed your poem......
"Suddenly help comes
He takes the demons away
They are gone
I am free
He came and took them
The demons inside me"

Demon inside me conflicts with my soul very often :-( I'm not finding way to defeat them.......Am waiting for an angel to arrive.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yes, we all have our battles with our demons. I enjoyed your poem, and I'm sure plenty of people will find it relatable. I'm guessing Him is God?
Most enjoyable write. Keep it up :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed your poem......
"Suddenly help comes
He takes the demons away
They are gone
I am free
He came and took them
The demons inside me"

Demon inside me conflicts with my soul very often :-( I'm not finding way to defeat them.......Am waiting for an angel to arrive.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes we all have struggles we go through and want it to go away and not torture us anymore. We often try to do it on our own thinking we can handle it and are strong enough, but in reality we just get deeper and deeper into a hole that we can't get out of by our selves. It's good to know that He loves us and will help us if we look to Him and give Him our struggles and hardships to bare.

Good Job

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the simplicity about this and how it's left up to interpretation. This way it can make the reader think and mean different things to them. It will get through to more people that way.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joshua Hunter

10 Years Ago

Thanks, that's kind of what I was going for, different means for different people.
I would elaborate more on how this person took the demons away. Maybe some longer metaphor about battling demons and this person was the only one with the cure to getting rid of yours. I liked it, I just feel it would be even better with that added. Seems, like this guy just swooped in and took them away. Un less that is really what happened, and then nevermind. lol Everyone is different with this kind of thing. With me, no one has even tried to get rid of the nasty demons in my head so I feel that if someone even tried, that it would definitely be a battle because I am pretty stubborn with my illness. :) Great write! I loved it. Keep it up!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joshua Hunter

10 Years Ago

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And He does simply just take them away, but you are right I need to.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2013
Last Updated on July 8, 2013
Tags: demons, inside, dark, claw, help, hope, God, free, freedom

Author

Joshua Hunter
Joshua Hunter

Small Town USA, MT



About
I am a mountain man to the core. I love the outdoors more than anything and am constantly in the woods and mountains. The only thing that I love more than the mountains is the Creator of them. When I .. more..

Writing