Where We Belong

Where We Belong

A Story by Lizardo
"

I found a place, where we belong

"
I found a place
Where we belong
I was sitting in a chair in front of my father. He was laying on his bed, breathing, lifeless, eyes close as he breathe heavely through the device. The cardiograph making beaping sounds every time he breath. Me and my sister where a the hospital, she was standing up while I sitted right next to him, just watching him. 
The window was half-open, it showed a depressive scence. Dark clouds with little sunlight coming to the surface. I felt a cold wind running through my body, it made me shiver. 
My sister was a doctor there, so she would check upon our father every week. Yes indeed, he has been here weeks, but today was the day. The day that he was departing home. 
She stood silently looking at him. not a single word on the room. 
"I...I...so... sorry..." Said our father, desperetly trying to talk 
I jump out of my seat, my sister came to his side too. 
"I... never...gave.. you...both..time" He said again, the cardiograph now making a little noise. His heartrate dropping tremendously fast. 
"Dad, you need to calm down" My sister said putting her hand on his forehead. 
"It's only going to make worst" She said. 
"It's...already..worst..." He said
"Son" he said looking at me. 
"I'm sorry" A tear drop from his watery eyes. 
"No, I'm the one who should be sorry" I said, tears forming in my eyes
"I'm sorr for everything, I'm really really sorry" I said crying. 
"for how I have been" 
His cardio graph was now showing that his heart was almost going to stop. 
The beaping sound now could be heard slowly... 
As he turned his head toward the window, he said his last words.
"I found a place" He said
"Where we belong"  
His eyes closed

© 2015 Lizardo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was so sad! The ending is so meaningful though.. You did a great job expressing the emotions! Amazing job :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lizardo

9 Years Ago

You think? I was worriend about this one, and yeah, I kind of felt sad writing this one
Cool Girl

9 Years Ago

Yes, it was good :) We all tend to feel sad when writing something sad..
Lizardo

9 Years Ago

that is very true...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 29, 2015
Last Updated on March 29, 2015
Tags: Life

Author

Lizardo
Lizardo

LA , CA



About
21 years now, Just another human in this world. I think I suck at writing, but yet I write to improve. more..

Writing
The Wolves The Wolves

A Poem by Lizardo


Untitled Untitled

A Book by Lizardo