Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lizardo
"

Beginning the story in a simple way

"

It was another Monday ride to school, the sun was making its sight on the horizon while I contemplated its majestic rays bringing life to earth. I was sitting on the left side of the bus, staring at the fields of grass that seem to never have an ending, yes, I love a lot mother nature and its wonders, it can bring new sensations and emotions to your life. 


Clouds hovered above me, I always liked to watch them and imagine myself riding on an airplane above and into them, I think its call “Cloud surfing” when the airplane touches the clouds. Ah the beautiful weather, it wasn’t that humid, in fact, it was pretty fresh. The fresh air gently hitting my face was the best part of all.


I haven’t introduced myself yet.


My name is Daniel, Daniel Huntington and I like to call myself “different” for the sake of my moral and emotions. Maybe I’m not different, maybe I am but if being hated or being given pitiful looks isn’t being different or dislike by the people then I think I’m the crazy one. We can say that sometimes I’m a rebel and sometimes I just don’t care about the world that is spinning around me and trust me when I tell you that I’m both. 


Some people tell me that I’m too submissive when it comes to fight for my rights and maybe they are right but then again, why fight for stuff that isn’t worthy of your time? It’s just wasting minutes that you could have used to, I don’t know, maybe something stupid or useful. I’m pretty quiet, maybe that’s why I don’t have many friends but it’s better than having a lot friends who can sell your body over a pencil. But I like being quiet after all, I’m dreamer, I like to keep things to myself.


The bus was passing through some cracks in the street maybe? Because I was bouncing the whole time while I was in it. Well, I guess you can’t have everything in life, even in what seems to be the perfect moment, there is always something that scares off the happiness and joy.


I was getting closer to school, the fresh air was now consumed by the “city air”. Cars where honking at each other, people were walking in the streets or going in stores, there were some homeless people who were asking for money. 


You know, that is one of the things I hate, people are dying in the streets with mental illnesses like Schizophrenia and nobody helps them… I wish I could help them, maybe there are people who would like to help them, but we are stopped by an imaginary wall made of glass, we would like to help but all we can do is stare through the wall made of glass. 


Now my attention was turned to the people who were walking down the streets. Have you ever wondered what everyone’s story is? What have they been through or what have they done? I always read in newspapers or books that everyone is a book that is yet to be finish, but what if the person hasn’t done anything with his life?  I would like to help those people who haven’t a clue of what life is.


Finally I arrived to school, it was the same old school, same old pavement, same old grass, nothing new nor nothing bad, I guess, it was okay. I caught myself thinking again, just staring at the school made me think a lot of things.



The bell woke me up. Crap. First class was starting already.

I grabbed my backup that I had aside me, ran to the bus door in which I almost trip to get off it. Then again, I ran to main doors of the school.

Our principle had this great idea that if you weren’t in time, you had to pass in detention for the first three periods of class. I didn’t mind that, I wouldn’t be with my lousy class. But the idea of doing nothing wasn’t that convincing.


Before I got to the door, I threw my backpack maybe that was going to do some noise that would allow principle McManuman to not close the doors.


Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea because the principle was locking the doors and my backpack hit his face.


As much as I would have enjoyed that moment, I needed to get out of there fast or else I was dead.


The principle fell down, I opened the door, grabbed my backpack and flew to my locker. I didn’t have much time, the principle was going to be all over me in a matter of seconds.


I heard some a door opening, maybe it was someone from the office to check what cause the loud noise.


Crap yet again.


Finally, I reached my locker. I could barely put the code on it, my hand was shaking, I was full of adrenaline.


“Okay Daniel, you need to calm down” I said to myself

“35-15-64” The locker cracked open.


I grabbed my books, put them on my backpack and ran to the exit that was on the left corridor.


That would lead me straight to my first class, Math.


“Huntington!” I heard a man yell from the corridor.


The principle and he didn’t look happy.


“I arrived early!” was all I yelled.


I kept running and running through the school until eventually I got to my class.


“Okay students, turn to page one hundred and…”


I blasted the door open before Mr. Kerens could finish the line.

And I stood there, all of the classes eyes fixed on me. I never liked that, people staring at me for a great amount of time, but I didn’t mind that when they were girls.


“Mr. Huntington, late again” Said Mr. Kerens


“I’m surprise that Principle McManuman hasn’t catch you yet” Said Mr. Kerens smiling while looking at the math book.


I was surprise too, the principle hadn’t come yet, and maybe he gave up on Huntington and would leave him alone for the rest of the day? Probably not, but the thought felt good to think about.


“Please have a seat and stay quiet or else I’m giving you to McManuman” said the teacher now turning to the board.


I sat in the only chair that was left, in front of the line. The good news was behind me, was my best friend, Cornelius, the bad news were that I had to sit next to Melinda, the meanest girl in the class but yet the smartest and the prettiest. 


How could there be someone like her? It’s one of the wonders of the universe.


Talking about smartness, I’m not the stupid you know, I’m actually pretty smart. But the thing is that I don’t considered myself smart, why? Because for me, I’m going to be smart or a genius when I make ground breaking discovery in science, especially in physics, I loved physics a lot.


So I went to all my classes, in some of them I pay attention and in some of them I just played with my pencils. It was a never ending odyssey.


Then came the last class for the day, art class.

Let’s just start of by saying that I’m not a Picasso or a Michael Angelo at drawing, I’m “me” at drawing, and when I mean “me” it means stick figures shooting at each other.


Amazingly I always pass the class with good grades, probably the teacher didn’t care. He always had this military attitude with us, some say because he was on the navy and others say because his wife left him.


Who knows what the old man’s problems are.

Finally the bell rang and I got to go.


The principle was nowhere to be seeing but I kept my discretion, I didn’t want him surprising out of nowhere.

 



© 2015 Lizardo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i really like it so far Lizardo
very ''slice of life''

it'll be fun to see where it goes



-Dream

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

You have to read the others hahaha I'm actually very proud of this one :)
I'll tell you on i.. read more
this was really good. i liked the mystery involved in it and the point of view works great with the story. good job man :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
dan
Lizardo, Due to a couple of disorders I cannot focus or concentrate to read stories, chapters or books. I'm sorry it just gets jumbled up in my mind. I'm very sorry. take care...dan

Posted 8 Years Ago


A tale of one of my day.... That should suit this story perfectly.... very nice story showing how late students are like :D.....
Nice plot...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

and it will get better, trust me :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 28, 2015
Last Updated on October 17, 2015
Tags: Life, teen, introduction, simple, boy


Author

Lizardo
Lizardo

LA , CA



About
21 years now, Just another human in this world. I think I suck at writing, but yet I write to improve. more..

Writing
The Wolves The Wolves

A Poem by Lizardo


Untitled Untitled

A Book by Lizardo