Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lizardo
"

Chapter 2

"

The bus always stopped a few blocks away from my house, it didn’t go all the way to my house, although that would be pretty nice. But soon I will not use the bus anymore because I’m learning how to drive on Cornelius’s car. 


My mom told me a few months ago that she was going to buy me a new car when I turned eighteen. I always felt that I was pushing my mom to hard, like she would have a lot jobs to get money. If it weren’t for the damn money, I guess we humans could live “Okay” but there always has to be something that is made to preserve calmness but it bends to a new state of chaos or corruption, like money, now I’m not saying that all the people who are wealthy are corrupts, I’m saying that a great amount of them don’t take time with their kids, they forget about them. Crap, I got lost in my thoughts again. 


I walked through the arch of trees that spread from the pavement to the other end of it at the other side of the street, there were a few flowers planted in the people’s front yards as well as football balls, soccer balls and different kinds of sport material. It was a pretty nice place to live in, too bad that we all grow up and end up forgetting that things that made us happy when we were kids, such a shame.

It was the afternoon already, I felt really tired walking those few blocks, well, to be more precise, those 4 blocks from the bust stop to my house. Guess I was in a bad shape, no wonder my mom wanted me to go to a Gym. 


The first thing that I would do when I got to my house’s front yard would be lay down on the grass and just stay there for a while, I loved the feel of the wind in my face, I loved to watch the clouds and just let my imagination run away towards them, like a Cartoonist version of Daniel Flying through those beautiful and puffy clouds, but my favorite part was at night, when the stars would wake up and shine with all their might to earth. I sometimes saw some pretty weird stuff while I was watching them, but that’ll be a story for another time.


My house wasn’t fancy at all, in fact, it needed to be painted. It looked like a really old house whose colors faded by time. I came in to my house, walked towards my bedroom and threw my backpack over my bed. My mom wasn’t home yet, she would always come at night, so I never got to see her because I was always asleep when she came back home, but I could feel here presence when she came back, she would always go look at me while I was asleep and then go away. Man, now that I think about it, I can’t quite remember my mother’s face that well, I never get to see her, which drives me mad. I always stayed home alone, it sometimes crept me out because I would hear noises or people talking. 


Once I saw a man and a women talking at the living room, it was really weird, I told my friends and all they said that sometimes you move really fast so you tend to confuse objects. It didn’t make sense to me but I didn’t want to give so much thought to it.


I watched T.V for a while, when you live in the Midnight City, you always need to have T.V, it’s no joke or else you die of being bored. Yeah, there were a lot of cases in the news that people would die or being bored, they didn’t suicide or anything like that, they would take a nap or do something and boom, the next thing you know, and they are dead. Maybe it’s not about being bored, maybe it has to do with some other side by problems, but it was common for people to die about this. As always the president and the government would say that it was nothing to fear about.


So I kept passing channel through channel. There was nothing new on the T.V screen, so might as well do something more productive or simply go to sleep. Have I mention how fast time passes by in Midnight? Like if the hours jump from one to another in the day, but night seem to go forever and that’s when people would go out to malls or restaurants. School was needed to go at day, this way kids and their families would go out at night and have time with each other. It was a movement that our new president made, but it’s always been like that anyway, it’s not called midnight city for nothing. 


For us, Night was day and Day was night. While most of the people were sleeping in the day, we the young folks would go to school in the day, how nice. But no like most of the people, I would sleep at night and do my stuff in day time. It was pretty weird, I wasn’t like most of the people on that way, but then again I’ve met with some friends that are the same with their time schedule so it was really nothing.


After spending an awful amount of time staring through the window at the stars, I decided to go to sleep. I had a lot of pillows and blankets on my bed, this way I felt “safe” in my bed. My bed was just beside my window, I would spend a lot of time watching the stars from there too, and it was a hobby of mine. Yes I’m sixteen years old and I’m still afraid of the darkness sometimes, which is mostly due to the fact that my mother is never home and I never have someone to hug or tell my problems too, I was literary alone. It was only me and the universe in my head. So I laid there for a while, and when I least expected it, I felt asleep.


I always had the thought that going to sleep was like going to war for me, because you never know what kind of dream you’re going to get, and when you are your dream, its sometimes difficult to try and control your emotions or anxiety on them and sometimes you feel so happy that you never want to wake up from them, of course, everything comes to end. 


And like with all of my beautiful luck, I got a nightmare, again, how nice.


I was in a hospital, and there was a man and woman, both looked in their late forties. One looked like a doctor and the other one, the woman, was wearing blue jeans and a black jacket. I could barely make out what they were talking about, but they kept looking at me and kept talking, until I froze from a sentence that the woman said:


“We need to get him out, he can’t live forever in that fantasy world where everything is not real, and he needs to come to the real world, with us” The woman said.


Like I said, the worst part of a dream for me is the feeling of not being able to do anything, your dreams can do whatever they want with you. And boy, I wanted to wake up from wherever I was.


A fantasy world? What were they saying? I didn’t understand, but I wanted to understand more, I wanted to know what was happening.


“You know he’s trapped in the Dream world, and to be more precise, on the middle realm, where everything is exactly like earth” Said the doctor pointing at me.


Trapped in the dreaming world? This must be a joke, there was no such thing as a “dreaming world” I was in real life with my mother and friends, like Cornelius who was like my brother, it was best if I woke up from this dream.


“He’s already waking up” said a teen who just opened the door.


“Look”


He showed the woman and the doctor a little screen, wait, never mind, it was an iPod.


“We’ve been watching his consciousness react to the stimulus that we’ve sending to his dreaming world” Said the teen.


He was wearing a grey jacket with black pants, he also had glasses on. I wonder why I didn’t notice that when he came in.


Suddenly my vision turned foggy, but I got to hear a voice. A sweet girl’s voice. But there wasn’t time to make out of it, suddenly I woke up. 



© 2015 Lizardo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think the best writers are able to really play on the nature of dreams and reality

This second installment shows that youre well on the way to doing so



-Dream

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

Thanks Dream :) It really means a lot
i really like the descriptions in these stories. and the questions that we ask ourselves while reading it. great job once again, especially with the ending :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 14, 2015
Last Updated on October 14, 2015
Tags: Dreams, Normal, Adventure, Teen


Author

Lizardo
Lizardo

LA , CA



About
21 years now, Just another human in this world. I think I suck at writing, but yet I write to improve. more..

Writing
The Wolves The Wolves

A Poem by Lizardo


Untitled Untitled

A Book by Lizardo