Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lizardo
"

New chapter

"

Sunlight shinning straight at my face, my bedroom was illuminated with natural sunlight. I had a pretty weird dream, but of course, it was the midnight city, a lot of people had dreams like mine so it wasn’t that strange. Groaning and stretching, I got up from my bed and took a shower. Now… what day was it? Oh right, it was Saturday. Finally, I can rest and go play on my computer a soccer game call FIFA. That would be about it that would be the plan for Saturday. I dressed up, put a blue jean and black T-Shirt that said: “California” on it.


It was a nice day. The sun was up, there wasn’t a single cloud on the sky, and only a pure blue color was painted on the sky. It was the day to make something worth my time, but what to do? Hmmm I guess I could call Cornelius and ask him if he wants to play soccer… but no, he’s off to his grandmother’s house… I may call Regina….


Regina was one of my best friends, she lived across the street. However, the only problem was that she was never on her house, NEVER. Either she was with her friends or on a family road trip with her parents. She was this nice looking girl that had a curly blonde hair. That’s how I always recognize her, her curly blonde hair was like a lighthouse for me. Some may say that I have crush on her others may not, but indeed, I do have a crush on her since she moved in.  Maybe it would be a good idea to call her, you know, have a conversation with her.  So I got my iPhone and texted her. In a matter of seconds, she responded:


Daniel: Hi


Regina: Hi


You know, I felt really weird that a girl answered me quick. There was once a girl whom I used to like, everything was fine with her, except when I ask her out and she never answered back, I bet it could have been far worst if I said that in person.


Regina: How are you?


Daniel: Good and you?


Regina: I’m fine, kind of bored actually


Okay Daniel, remember, she’s your friend, you just have a slight crush on her, but don’t get overwhelmed, remember what has happened in the past when you felt in love with those girls. You got depression because it seemed that nobody liked you and because they went for people who weren’t like you.


You know, maybe the biggest mistake of my life has been trying to change who I am for: A girl and a group of friends. Oh dear lord, how mistaken I was back on those days. I still hate to see people who were like me, they don’t know what they’re going against and how people are going to treat them.


But okay, back on track.


Daniel: Do you want to go the park?


It took some time for her to respond, but after a few minutes, she actually answered back


Regina: Sure, why not?


Regina: Right now?


Daniel: Yeah, I’ll go over to your house to pick you up

I felt like Christopher Columbus, happy that I’ve done something right and didn’t fall apart. I kind of did a little celebration. 


After putting my shoes on, and went across the street to Regina’s house. She was already coming out of her house. 


“Hello” I said

“Let’s go, the park is empty at this time of the day” She said smiling, looking for something in her purse.

“Ah, here they are, my keys” So she locked the door.

We walked on the pavement, both of us silent for a while as if both were thinking of something.


“So what you thinking about?” She asked

Indeed, what was it thinking about? I only started to feel kind of powerless inside, I felt something on my back, but it was hard to describe, it felt cold…like a big chunk of ice was put on my back. I turned my arms back to see what it was, but I felt nothing. Then everything started to get strange. I saw a woman walking with a purse, but then she disappear out of nowhere. The same went for the whole walk, I saw people appear and disappear, my head was spinning, I was trying to make it out what was going on with me.


“DANIEL” Regina yelled at me


I woke up from my trance, I stopped seeing the people. I caught myself walking without Regina, looking at the sky. Regina was a few meters away from me.


“What’s wrong? I’m sorry I, think I saw some weird stuff” I said

Hey, it was the best I could do, experiences like those can be pretty scary and I have had them for a pretty long time since I can remember, Like last year…


Wait, what happened last year? I literally could not remember what happened last year or what I did. It was all too much to take. First the dream, but that wasn’t that weird, now this? What in the world was going on with me, I felt scared, Anxious, although I didn’t let show outside.


“You have been walking, talking in some pretty weird language if you ask me and looking at the sky for about 5 minutes!” Regina said. For the tone of her voice, she was demanding answers.


“Seriously, what happened?”


“Nothing to worry about, just some stuff I was thinking about” I said


“Let’s keep walking to the park”


And so we started again walking to the park, we had to wait a few moments for the cars to pass and so we kept walking until we got to the park. 


Like I said earlier, it was the perfect day, No clouds, only the sun and deep blue sky. Now the weird part was that when we came in, I didn’t see any people on it. It was true that there wasn’t much people on that time of the hour but it all seemed pretty weird, too much silence. So I asked Regina:


“Daniel, you’re seriously creeping me out, there are TONS of people here, and you can’t see them?”


I closed my eyes and opened them again, my vision started to fill with children playing on the tall trees and people sitting on the benches, some were flying kites and some were playing different kinds of sports.  I had a strange feeling in my body. Like if I wasn’t in it, like if I was some kind of expectator to it, like if I was in a Dream…

“Yeah never mind, I see them, maybe this isn’t my lucky day” I said


Regina always had this strong temperament, if she wanted something, she would get it at any cost and she was indeed a strong and hardworking girl. That’s what I admired the most from her, she never gave up. Maybe that’s were my crush to her come from.


“Let’s go sit at the bench over there, it looks clean and there isn’t much people over there” She said

“Okay” Was all that I responded


You know when you get the feeling that everything is going way to perfect to be real? Yeah I had that same feeling in my gut, as if something wasn’t right, it was too perfect. All that I needed was to have my phone around and listen to music with Regina, but I forget it on the couch when I was putting my shoes on.


We both sat on the bench, and started talking to each other about school, Family, and all sorts of stuff, after a while of sitting in the bench we decided to lay down on the grass. After finishing our talk about how Germany was better than England (Regina’s family came from England) She asked me a really particular question:


“What if I told you that we aren’t in the real world that we are in some kind of dream?” She asked, looking at me. Those deep blue eyes always got my attention.  


“I wouldn’t believe you, because were in the really world, pretty weird, but we are in it” I answered


A light wind gently move the tree’s leaf, I could feel a light cold but yet enjoyable breeze on my body, like those you feel when you go to a mountain.


What Regina asked me was pretty interesting if you think about it, what if we were really on a dream? That everything we know is only made up in our mind? A dream were we couldn’t wake up… Honestly just thinking about it made creep out, that would be one of my worst nightmares, live in a dream. Your family isn’t real neither your friends nor relatives… it would all be just an illusion. I still kept staring at the blue sky, my eyes were fixed on it, it was so perfect.


“Why the question Regina?” I asked in a wondering tone.


“Oh it’s nothing, it would be pretty weird huh?” She said


“Indeed it would”


Night was about to fall, it was almost time for Sunset.

Sunset or Dusk was the favorite part of my day, because it was the middle point in time where Day and Night meet. You could always see a few starts, but the best part of all was the orange color that the sun would get. In Midnight City, when it was sunset, the leaf trees would get the orange color of the leaving sun, it was an amazing feeling and view, seeing the last rays of sun disappear.

“Look Danny, the sun is setting down” Said Regina, sitting down on the grass. I was still laying down on the grass.  


“The colors of leafs are going to change in three…two…one...” And leafs trees changed to color to orange, it looked like autumn.

A lot of people were taking pictures, but most of the people who lived here, were just enjoying the view.


“I sometimes think that I’m in a dream you know” Said Regina looking at the leaving sun


“Everything is really good, I know that we all have our hard times but we have sometimes hard times in dreams, and they aren’t necessarily nightmares” She said


Nightmares, nightmares were probably the most feared word in Midnight city, even speaking of caused people nightmares, that why you had to be very careful with your language, you could even go to Jail if you said that in front of a cop!


But for me, Cornelius and Regina, it wasn’t really a big deal.


It was pretty cool seeing the sun, it made you think about a lot of stuff, like your position in the universe, it made you think about the people around you, it made you have hope to live another day.

Regina was telling me some things about life, but I didn’t pay attention, was concentrated on the bright disk that was in front of me, the sun. For a moment, I thought it was a circle, I thought It was a square. But indeed it was a circle, but suddenly, it changed again, now it was a rectangle. Then it happened, the world around me turned into an endless see of darkness, and all I could see was that the “sun” was now and vertical rectangle, like a door, that was full of light. My body started to float towards the light, but suddenly I was again laying down in the grass, and Regina was talking.


“You see, that’s what I always think of it, it reminds me of all the special people that I have, like you Danny” Said Regina.


I did not know how to think, I just laid there. I got in a sitting position.


“You didn’t see that?” I asked Regina.

Somehow, I was actually able to be calm, as if nothing had happened.


“See what?” she asked


“Have you even payed attention to what I’ve been saying Daniel?” She asked tick off.


It was finally nighttime, and the Aurora borealis appeared over the City’s skyline and over the park. Have I mention that Midnights city’s lights are natural? They are fluorescent. Well, some are electrical, but most of them are natural lights, the city gave you a nice feeling with it.


“Maybe it’s time to go” Said Regina


“I don’t want my parents to get worried, or worst, get mad at me” Said Regina standing up.


She gave me a hand to stand up to and so we walked home, enjoying the beautiful night. 


But still, I couldn’t stop thinking about the weird vision that I had in the park.

 

 

 



© 2015 Lizardo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on October 16, 2015
Last Updated on October 16, 2015
Tags: Teen, Adventure, Normal, Dreams


Author

Lizardo
Lizardo

LA , CA



About
21 years now, Just another human in this world. I think I suck at writing, but yet I write to improve. more..

Writing
The Wolves The Wolves

A Poem by Lizardo


Untitled Untitled

A Book by Lizardo