The Three of Us

The Three of Us

A Story by Lizardo
"

A new story, I'll divide this one into five parts.

"

I’ve always been a loner, in fact, I've always liked being alone with my thoughts, although sometimes they are my worst nightmares. You might be thinking right now: Wow O’Drare, you are dumb or stupid.


Well yeah we can say that, but I have depression and anxiety problems so be quiet. I know it's not of you business but at least be a little sensitive with a person who's feelings can get hurt easily. I really hate being like this, O'Drare the Glass cup who can easily get broken. 


It was already morning. The sunlight shone right through my window and to be precise, right on my left eye. 


Sun, why do you have to be mean to me? I thought


I didn’t want to leave my comfy bed. It was too good to leave, either way who would even care if I woke up or not? I’m not that special, I hate everyone and everything and I even hate myself for hating everyone and everything.


But either way, I was alone. Every girl to whom I declared my love left me, every friend that I’ve had always tries to break me, what is the logic in that? I thought friends were supposed to help you not destroy you.


I looked at my surroundings. A closet made of wood were I put my clean clothes, a desk with my computer and notebooks, a little table with a lava lamp on it and a window that sat right beside me, where I would sit for hours and think about my depressive life. I always wanted to feel special, to feel loved, but somehow I never manage to do so… I want many people to look up to me and say: Wow that’s O’Drare Farenwell, he is a really smart and nice guy!


But of course, all that a 16 year old like me would get was: People hating you for no reason, people shoving you aside for no reason, people telling that you’re stupid for no reason and many many many more stuff that makes my life how it is. The only light in my life is my mom and friends, Veronika and James.


I first met them 3 years ago when I first moved to Seattle.  My mother had been offered a better job than the one she had on Boston, so we made a cross-country road trip all the way to Seattle, but that’ll be a story for another day.


Tsk!


My window made a weird sound as if someone was throwing a rock it. But, since I was too lazy to turn my head in a perfect 180 degree angle, I decided to not pay attention to it.


Tsk Tsk Tsk!


God dam it, who is it now? I thought


I moved my lazy off my bed.


And what a lovely surprise, Veronika was throwing rocks at my window. 


“Would you mind? Some of us are still trying to sleep!” I yelled from my window.


Veronika had the appearance of an angel with her curly golden hair and blue eyes that could melt your heart. Today she was wearing blue jeans, a half pink half white T-shirt. She was kind of tall, but not as tall as me. At first sight, you might see her as one of those girls who are fragile and can break about anything, even if a butterfly sat on them, but Veronika was very different from the rest.


She shook her head in disappointment. “Well that sucks, I had this great idea that me, you, and James could go watch movie at the theater, but since you are a lousy goddamn-“


“Fine! Okay! Let me get ready and I’ll go with you both, by the way, were is James?”


She looked sideways. “I have no idea, I think he told me that he had to go get something at his house. Get ready you goddamn piece of ice, I’m getting tired of standing here, and do you have any idea how hot it is outside?”


I sighed. “Sad isn’t it? Well get inside then! My mother is watching T.V in the Living room, nobody has you standing there for me, although, I feel quite amazed that the great Veronika is standing for me in the sun”


“I swear O’Drare, I’m going to break your fa-“I closed the window.


James and Veronika, the only two friends to whom I could tell my secrets and dreams. They understood me I understood them, it was very healthy relationship of friends.

It took me ten minutes to get ready. Not that I spend a long time changing, I either put on what I had wear the last day or something random that was on my closet, after that, I would just style my hair with my hand or not do it all, I really don’t care on how I looked, even if I was going on a date with a girl. I always thought that the perfect girl for me would be the one who didn’t care on how I looked but care more on how I really was. Too bad there aren’t girls like that anymore or at least of what I know.


I went downstairs. Veronika was sitting on a couch reading a “How to look beautiful” magazine from mom.


I chuckled. “I never thought you liked reading those” 


She looked surprise to see me. “I-I, shut up”


“I’m just saying, if you need more of those mom has a closet full of those in the basement”


“Let’s just go before I decide to murder you in your own house O'Drare"


Why did I bother her with those? Because she hated reading them. Simple as that.

So we both walked outside.


As you might already know, the sun doesn’t last long in a Seattle. So the big bright and shiny sun had been already covered with dark clouds in the sky. The air was fresh, like when you go on a mountain climbing trip, that kind of air.  I don’t know if understood my metaphor, but who cares, it’s not like you haven’t experience fresh air before in your life, I mean, you are a human (The least I know).


There was one flaw about going with Veronika and James out. With them, I always felt sad and anxious, I don’t know why. The always tried to make me feel better but everything they did made feel sad but happy at the same time… It’s something I’m still not able to explain.


So off we went, without a jacket or a coat, to James House. 

© 2015 Lizardo


Author's Note

Lizardo
I would like your thoughts on this one, this is just an introduction but it will get better, trust me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is actually pretty good. It draws a good morning picture in my mind. Even though, you have hinted towards the dark parts of O'Drare's life, the light moment shared between friends balances it well. I mean, sure he has a tough life and maybe there are times when he is all alone and may not be able to talk to them about it, but at the end of the day, nothing changes the fact that he has people waiting for him on the other side of the bridge. All he has to do is cross over it which of course isn't easy but not impossible either.

I don't know if I read too much between the lines but I really like this one. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lizardo

8 Years Ago

So I did good job on it? Thanks Moonlight :) If you want me to read anything form you, just tell me
Moonlight

8 Years Ago

Yup you did do a good job. :) And I will. Although, I haven't had the time to write much lately. But.. read more



Reviews

Well it's an awesome story so far. do let me know when the next part is up.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

Alright! I'll put it up later lol. Thanks for reading :)
Dani The Unreviewed

8 Years Ago

no problem :)
This is actually pretty good. It draws a good morning picture in my mind. Even though, you have hinted towards the dark parts of O'Drare's life, the light moment shared between friends balances it well. I mean, sure he has a tough life and maybe there are times when he is all alone and may not be able to talk to them about it, but at the end of the day, nothing changes the fact that he has people waiting for him on the other side of the bridge. All he has to do is cross over it which of course isn't easy but not impossible either.

I don't know if I read too much between the lines but I really like this one. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lizardo

8 Years Ago

So I did good job on it? Thanks Moonlight :) If you want me to read anything form you, just tell me
Moonlight

8 Years Ago

Yup you did do a good job. :) And I will. Although, I haven't had the time to write much lately. But.. read more
Very nice story!
Well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Oh my dear. I want to give you the biggest hug! Trust me, you are not alone in this. I have the same thoughts as you..and some of my thoughts are my worst enemies too. They can kill us cant they?

I am extremely sensitive too. My family gets really annoyed by it and yells at me for it, so I know where you are coming from.

Great write!! Do you feel better now that you've written it down?



Posted 8 Years Ago


Lizardo

8 Years Ago

Kathryn, this is actually a fictional story... xD I'm dividing it into five or four parts I don't kn.. read more
Kathryn Smith

8 Years Ago

lol awww whoops! Well that just goes to show how well you developed your characters! :D
Lizardo

8 Years Ago

hahaha lol thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

479 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 1, 2015
Last Updated on November 1, 2015
Tags: Life, Teen, love

Author

Lizardo
Lizardo

LA , CA



About
21 years now, Just another human in this world. I think I suck at writing, but yet I write to improve. more..

Writing
The Wolves The Wolves

A Poem by Lizardo


Untitled Untitled

A Book by Lizardo