Soulmates Do Not Exist

Soulmates Do Not Exist

A Poem by L'oic Allemand

That's right, they don't. Out of nearly 8 billion people in the world, none of them are a perfect fit for you. As a society, we strive for perfection. Perfect makeup, perfect hair, perfect teeth, perfect grades; a perfect life. We work our entire lives striving for perfection, when it's entirely impossible. Those who claim to be perfect are those are are flawed the most. People think that someone is out there for them, ready to be thrown into their lives at the perfect time, and live a perfect life. Anyone who has ever lived a life knows that it is far from perfect. A true companion is not handed over on a silver platter, they are discovered. Unfortunately, many people are looking for the wrong thing. People are waiting, and searching, hoping to find the perfect one, when in fact, they do not exist. Humans are naturally flawed creatures, no matter how much we cover it up in foundation, social media, or lies. It's the flaws that make us who we are, give us our place, our personality, our niche. In order to find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, you need to start realizing that everyone has their imperfections, and their differences. It's the acceptance of those differences, and ability to see the good in them that will lead you to the one you want. 

© 2015 L'oic Allemand


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on June 30, 2015
Last Updated on June 30, 2015
Tags: love, soulmates, perfection, imperfection