Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Lonnie Paul Johnson
"

Paula the Guardian and The Beast are discussing about Zack love for Vivian

"

Prologue

 

Absence of moonlight the night sky is black, the Beast roam within the air hunting for the weak and the unprotected.  He strengthened by prideful hearts and guided to his destination by immeasurable fears of countless souls.  This night he desires to claim his prize, Vivian she is ripe for possession as he hovers over her home gawking into her bedroom window drooling and panting in anticipation of taking her.  He leaps towards her like a shooting arrow.

 

SMACK! 

 

The Beast slam into a shield, the force bounces the evil one high in the atmosphere reaching outer space.  Halting his motion in-between, the earth and the moon shaking his head yelling a very angry roar of frustration, he knew who place the force field around his damsel.  Racing towards earth like lighting, streaking across the sky he enters a simple wood frame house at the corner bedroom.  The woman drape in white is standing at the foot of a bed with a huge palm leaf fanning her baby while he sleeps.  The Beast crouches on the window ledge eyes burning red with rage, the woman stop fanning the palm leaf as it vanishes into thousands particle of lights.  She is smiling taking a deep breath, “Hello, Beast.”

 

“Paula the guardian,” growled the Beast, “You are interfering where you have no business!”

 

“What do you mean?”  Spoke Paula in her innocent girl voice

 

“Stop the acting, you have place a shield around my prize Vivian and I know the law she is not under your protection, remove it,” Demand the beast.

 

Turning to face the evil creature not smiling, her expression is serious representing her position as The Guardian.  “Yes I do know the law and yes I did placed the hedge around young Vivian, but it’s not my protection that cover her.”  The Beast eyes quickly pointed toward Zack tangle under his blankets curled up.  “His prayer is the shield that’s blocking you, Beast.”

 

The wicked being Leap from the window, looming over Zack bed casting a shadow in the darkness. “You were foolish getting your baby involved with my prize; I will spare him if you remove the wall around her.”

 

“Put his loved for Vivian to the test Beast!”  Paula spoke proudly, “let’s see if your attacks can prevail against him.”

 

“Ha, Ha, Ha,” Laugh the Beast deep from his gut, “I accept the challenge and I will have my Vivian and I will break the spirit of this little retard.”  He pause looking towards the heavens, “a storm is coming and we know how does during storms.”

 

Buzz!

 

The alarm clock on the nightstand is sounding off waking him from his slumber, a head peek from under the covers squinting eyes and wild matted bed hair.  He tries unsuccessful to hit the snooze button, but first he must figure out how to release his arm from the clutches of his blankets.  For Zack this is a replaying of the same routine he get into bed blankets are neat when he wakes it have him bound and trap to endure the irritating noise of his alarm clock. 

 

Finally tapping the device to receive the peace of a quiet bedroom he set up on the side of bed eyes still asleep yawning.  Before he starts his day, he says a quick prayer, ‘Good morning Lord…’ as he yarns and scratches his head rubbing his eyes.  He thanks God in the shortest and quickest prayer for his mother, father and his sister too.  He asks for blessing at school and protection from harm, he says those word as a habit with out much feeling.  Soon he goes to the bathroom to brush teeth and splash water on his face waking him up completely, Zack walk back to his bedroom grabbing his shoulders holding tightly head down eyes closed to pray again.  He speaking clearly wanted God to hear every word, “Lord Almighty protect and blessed with all your loved for my best friend Vivian, please watch over her, give her joy and peace…”  After that prayer, he is ready to start another day at school and looking forward to seeing Vivian for lunch.



© 2013 Lonnie Paul Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Despite grammar errors, I like the story so far. The unseen war going within each of us. I look forward to reading more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
1 Review
Added on March 5, 2013
Last Updated on March 5, 2013
Tags: romance, fiction


Author

Lonnie Paul Johnson
Lonnie Paul Johnson

fort Worth, TX



About
I loved writing stories, when I was young I wrote very simple and crude stories base off of TV shows and movies I seen at the time. An event happen when during that time I believe influence my writin.. more..

Writing