Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Lonnie Paul Johnson
"

Vivian winning attitude playing the game

"

Chapter Two

 

In the pursuit of becoming the best basketball player Vivian wanted to play extra pickup games with her fellow teammates, but she is disappointed because they was not aggressive enough.  The other girls ran and shoot the ball lazily, but Vivian wanted to bump and grind for rebounds and drive the lane for mighty layup so they back off and let her have her way.  Vivian desire the other girls to give some resistances, then she observe the boys playing the style she yearns for outside.

 

The next day eager to play with the boys, she clothed herself in baggies dark outfits; she enters the outer courts.  At first, the boys assume she was tall skinny pretty boy, so the small group explains the rules, ‘There are no fouls, traveling or charging, if you get hit, well-hit back.’  accepting the rules she was the last to be pick on teams, getting the ball it was swiftly stolen by another player knocking her to the ground, ‘welcome to the playground.’  She jump to her feet ready and determined to dominate these group players, most of them are taller and out weight her by twenty pounds or more.  After the first day sore from the hard activities only scoring a couple of baskets, she loved it wanting more.

 

Vivian dress like the boys she played with, she emanate how they communicated on and off the court.  She figures that she can win by becoming like them and succeed at their on game, but she quickly realize these players had very little basketball skills.  The untrained eye would not catch it because they had plenty of brute strength to compensate for the lack of fundamentals, so Vivian is able to thrive with them due to her years of training.  However, one player is better than all including Vivian, Jack.

 

a transfer student he came a month after the start of the school year and is the captain of the boy’s varsity team, the boy’s team is always in the top 10 in the polls and makes a mighty run in the playoff every year.  Rumors in the school say that Jack was recruited to their school and his family was paid to move into the district.  He is taller than Vivian is and he has the hearts of most of the girls on campus he is the dreaminess of all the boys.  Jack at first was not sure if Vivian is a girl until he tries to make a layup over her.   She frustrated that day because he was scoring all over the court, so she decides that she had enough and will not let him do another layup over her she will take him down. 

 

She is going for the ball with the intend of knotting him to the ground, both are falling his hand touch, her body in a certain way Jack knew for sure that this person is a girl as they tumble to the ground.  She quickly leaps to her feet bushings herself acting like nothing happen, embarrass as the other boys watch laughing.  Jack is slowed to stand with a smirk glancing at Vivian stepping toward her placing his hand on top her head, “Playing a little rough Vee.” spoke Jack in a hummus tone.  She pulls away from him immediately wondering what the other boys are thinking, acting like she did not want to be touch frowning at him, but it too late in her soul it felt good to have Jack hand place on her head like that.

 

Vivian and the boys have an unspoken code, they all know that she is a girl but they do not treat her like one and she will not act like one while playing.  All of the boys see her as a baby sister wanting to play with the big brothers, by having Vivian around in a tiny way civilize the group they temper their crude language and jesters.  Off the court, there is no interaction with each other.  Jack is unsure if he like Vivian, he notice that she peaking at him, but when he looks at her she tries to look uninterested.  Jack is used to girls falling over themselves over him and he like how Vivian trying not to show interest in him.  In Jack mind he cannot be attractive to Vivian when she never try to look like a girl when all the others girls are wearing the shortest skirts, tightest jeans and made up better than supermodel that he can choose from.

 

Jack notice a small dorky boy standing at a distant watching them playing, but he only show up when Vivian is their, “Hey Vee looks likes you have an admirer.”  She stops to gaze.

 

“I don’t know who he is, maybe he here watch you,” said Vivian curious about him.

 

“No, he only show up when you are playing, I guest you have a fan,” spoke Jack as he laugh, Vivian did not care shaking her head turning back to play.

 

Therefore that how everything stands until Jack mother insist of buying him a new suit at the mall, Jack do not like shopping and especially with his mom, but he had no choice.  Inside the mall they enter into a department store, Jack walking behind his mother looking around his face depress until he spotted a tall pretty girl walking with her elderly mother.  This girl is gorgeous her face just made up with makeup perfectly applied, but he seen her before but he could not place where.  Then in a flash, he recognizes the pretty face, ‘Vivian!’  For Jack it change his perception of her forever, she look better than most girls in school do and he find it strange he never notice it until now.  He knows ever since completing her punishment in the In School Suspension program because of fighting and hanging out with the school geek for lunch every day, she changed.

 

Vivian discovers that she has the advantage over the boys on the court and it was with her all along.  She discarded the drably and baggies clothes trying to fit in as one of the boys.  She step out on the court wearing colorful design spandex showing her well shape hips and thighs, the boys are shock mouths hanging open some even droll.  Her top is dark and tightly fitted her upper body but it left her midriffs open exposing her abs.  These boys have seen girls wearing tight clothes before, but this is Vivian they did not know she was that fine.  Vivian running around the court stealing and blocking shot with ease, when she make a layup they just let her go so they can view from the behind grinning.  When taking water breaks to cool off she would pour water on her head as it runs down every curb of her body, she shake her head and the water would mist in the air in slow-motion as the group watches in awe.

 

Vivian smiling at her boys wondering why it took so long to discover her power over men, Jack watches with amusement and the desire came from the air entering into his heart to pursue her to be his girlfriend.  He knows that Vivian is special and they would make the best couple, he just needs to run off that geeky boy that she currently dating.



© 2013 Lonnie Paul Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have a great imagination and some good content along with an amusing storyline. The problem is that unfortunately all those good points are buried underneath problems with your writing that sometimes make me have to reread a single line multiple times just to make sure I got what you meant. Again I'm not sure if this is intentional attempt to get into your character viewpoint, or whether you need a editor to help you write this story. Its okay to use relevant slang phrases and language structures that are local if you place them in context in a story. Your reader needs that context to avoid frustrations with trying to understand your meaning. If those frustrations mount up to much, a reader will typically put a story down and not bother to pick it up again, no matter how good a message you have.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 5, 2013
Last Updated on March 5, 2013


Author

Lonnie Paul Johnson
Lonnie Paul Johnson

fort Worth, TX



About
I loved writing stories, when I was young I wrote very simple and crude stories base off of TV shows and movies I seen at the time. An event happen when during that time I believe influence my writin.. more..

Writing