Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Lonnie Paul Johnson
"

Zack and Vivian meet up in the park

"

April 3, 2012 fd

Chapter Nine

 

Sitting at his desk, Zack is emotionally exhausted of today events, learning that his father has a new girlfriend and he want to marry her---soon!  The strangest thing is that he going to church, his father does not like church it is one reason that the divorce happen.  Joann is the cause for the transformation in his father, he fell in loved with a preacher, a young and in Zack opinion attractive woman.  Zack assume that JoAnn loves his father, but it is hard for him to see how a young woman falls for, well an old man, she is a minster and he is in his mother’s words a lady’s man.

 

He should hate Joann, her appearance has destroyed all hope that his parents will ever get back together.  A wish that his sister shares with him and he knows for sure that his mother, had that desire too, she was the one to file for divorce and had the blow out arguments over child support and visitation.  Many days Betty wonder if she did the right thing by her children or was she just trying to get back at Paul for breaking the marriage covenant.

 

Zack closed his eyes trying to think about something different so his mind dwelled on Vivian, what she is doing now, since the breakup he had no contact with her, missing her greatly.  He wants to email or text her but he is afraid to do so, then a heavy sleep has overtaken him and a vivid dream enter his mind from the air. 

 

Zack is walking each step feel like his foot is sink into the ground slightly and moving to the side, he looks down seeing he is walking on sand.  His surrounding is dark but he has light, the sun is setting behind him but the moon is rising, he knows he in the desert because all he can see are sand dunes.  Zack is moving toward a scary sound of growling animals, marching up a hill about to crest he know he will see the beasts that making the loud roars.

 

Then he saw what was making all that noise a hideous sight, it huge animal with four large heads a lion, a bear, a tiger and one animal he did not recognize.  They all had horns totaling ten in all; each of the head had a harness attach to them, all the reins connected together into one that lead up the back of this strange beast, a woman scantily clothes had the controls turning this thing to the right and to left.  Zack knew who the woman is that ruling this creature:

 

“Vivian!”  Zack yelled, afraid that she might fall so he ran to the animal and proceeded to climb it.  He reach where Vivian is standing, “Come with me I will help you down.”  Vivian free hand touch his face, then she rev back making a fist, punches Zack and with her leg pushes him off.  He falling bounce off the animal a couple of times as he hit the sand hard rolling to a stop.  Zack hearing her laughing the strange animal became agitated bucking it’s body trying to throw Vivian off, the tail of the monster popped Vivian side causing her to fall over the animal heads.

 

She hit the sand hard, as the four headed creature is enrage placing one of it paw over Vivian preventing her from leaving lifting the other paw up exposing it sharp claws wanting to strike her.  “No,” scream Zack in panic instantly he became the beast his paw is pinning Vivian in place for the strike.  Zack realizing that he is this strange creature is try to stop his paw from hurting her, “Oh God no, no,” Zack is pleading.  Then he heard a voice all around him speaking.

 

“Strike her she no good, she evil and she hate you,” Zack can see his paw going down and he cried out in terror.

 

Suddenly he opens his eyes breathing heavy sitting in his chair realizing he had a horrible dream.  However, Zack knows one thing, “I loved Vivian, even if she doesn’t love me.”  A single tear rolled down his face as he concluded that he would always loved her and if she never returns the affection, it does not matter.   He will always keep Vivian in prayer and his heart will be for her welfare and happiness forever.

 

His spirit is at peace focusing on the bracelets resting on his desk, taking it into his fingers as it twinkling in the light.  “This is a symbol of our friendship; she must have it now,” closing his hand around it he jumps to his feet he knows he needs to see Vivian now it cannot wait till Monday.  Leaving his room, he can hear Alice talking to a friend on the phone in her room still angry about today events and in his mother’s room; she is sleeping hard (snoring).  Zack darted out the front door determine to find Vivian, as he runs he forming a beautiful speech in his mind of how much he loves her and will always be her friend.

 

♥♥♥

 

Vivian ran out the back door, she have to leave it was too much to take her dreams of going back home destroyed.  Where is she running, she do not know, around the corner into a park she stop under a basketball goal.  Seeing a discarded basketball, she picks it up in her hands standing head down, wondering why her mother hates her.  ‘What did I do for her to hate me?  Is it my fault that everything went wrong with my family; I am a curse, I am no good, maybe mother is right she should have aborted me?  What is my purpose? all I can see I cause everyone I loved problems, who want me or loved me for me?’

 

So many issue running in Vivian mind then in her spirit she felt someone was behind her watching she turn and her eye fell on that familiar friendly face of Zack, his hair out of place with big puppy dogs eyes gazing at her smiling.  Zack running toward Vivian home passing the park saw a figure dress in yellow at the basketball courts so he turn wondering could that be Vivian and it was.  He so happy to see her, his heart is jumping for joy and that yellow dress is perfect so pretty a golden angel.

 

Zack stepping toward Vivian slowly as a gentle breeze blowing causing the leaves to make a soft clapping sound as if nature itself is cheering, but Zack is terrified because the grand speech he want to say to Vivian has left him mind like a puff of smoke.   Thinking if he walks ever so slowly maybe, he can form the words, it is not working, now he so close he can not move forward unless he bump in to her.  So Zack decide one thing to do with swiftness he reach out taking hold of Vivian in his arm in embracing hug planting his face into her chest.  He kept saying the words that is in his heart, only thing he know to say that express everything he feel about her:

 

“I love you; I love you; I love you.”

 

Vivian was not expecting Zack to grab her in a tight embrace, Vivian is a strong girl at any other time she is capable of sling Zack across the court, but not this time.  Zack is stuck to her like glue his eyes are closed and tears are flowing as he kept saying, “I love you; I love you.”  Vivian stop struggling to release herself from him as she heard those words not from her ears but thought out her entire body, she stood eyes shut receiving the healing from Zack words, “I love you,” she knows in her heart that one person loved her for her.

 

Zack release Vivian and step back without looking at her head down not knowing the reaction to expect from her.  “Zack,” he lifts his eye up, “you are a mess.” Zack smile slightly.

 

“I’m sorry, but I miss you,” said Zack

 

“No don’t be, I miss you too,” she responded, Zack put the tennis bracelet in her hand folding her finger around with his hand.

 

“That yours,” he speaking as his voice break due to his crying, “I won it for you to keep forever as a symbol of our friendship.”

 

Holding it tightly, “Thank you, I do not deserve you, but I love you so much,” Zack nodded smiling broadly.  Vivian running her fingers through his hair thinking how she can love Zack without hurting his heart.

 

“Zack, could you do something for me?”

 

“Anything,”

 

“When I was young I had an older brother, but he died to me, can you be my brother.” Request Vivian.

 

Zack did not hesitate he knew the boyfriend thing he was not good at that, but he know how to be a brother, “Anything for you, I promise to be the best brother to you and protect you will all that is within me.”

 

Vivian smile looking up into the sky, “I want to go home,” she said, Zack taking her hand into his hand leading her off the courts away from the park toward her home.  Zack is happy to be with his friend, however she needs him to be for her.  Reaching the steps of porch of her home Zack letting go of her hand as she walk up the stairs turning to face him mouth the word,’ thank you,’ He nodded beaming with joy. 

 

Standing at the door, she rang the doorbell Gloria open the door happy to see her.

 

“Momma, can I come home?”  Gloria grab her daughter hugging and kiss her as they went inside their home, Zack watching thinking to himself, ‘that’s a loving family.’  Turning back home Zack look at the sky darken by the setting sun seeing the first stars appearing feeling so happy.

 

“This has been the greatest week of my life.” Spoke Zack skipping and running home and Paula the guardian besides holding his hand agree with him.

 

Zack and Vivian

Forever

By Lonnie Johnson



© 2013 Lonnie Paul Johnson


Author's Note

Lonnie Paul Johnson
I liked writing this chapter, Zack and Vivian meeting in the park the way they did is the reason I wrote this story. A love that goes beyond they as a couple with all the trials that life throws at them there love for each other live forever. I hope you read this story that you enjoy the adventure. I don't know if this is a good romance story but I like exploring these characters and I hope the storytelling is improving, please tell what you think about this, thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on March 18, 2013
Last Updated on March 18, 2013
Tags: Romance, Fiction


Author

Lonnie Paul Johnson
Lonnie Paul Johnson

fort Worth, TX



About
I loved writing stories, when I was young I wrote very simple and crude stories base off of TV shows and movies I seen at the time. An event happen when during that time I believe influence my writin.. more..

Writing