Kinetic World: Chapter 11

Kinetic World: Chapter 11

A Chapter by Prototato

I sat there for nearly five hours (according to Darcy) talking to this stranger without so much of a clue on what she was saying. She described how she had gotten here; running from some genetic company; seemed more like a mafia to me. Apparently, she could keep rolling her mind off of her tongue without a reference to herself as a person. I sighed and, despite being oddly engrossed in the story being rattled off to me, decided to stop her when she got to this neighborhood without any personal info.
“Hey, pyrokinetic.”
“Hmm?”
“What’s your goddamn name?”
It was hardly a question.
“I, uh-”
My hand lit up like the Fourth of July. “I have been sitting here for FIVE GODDAMN HOURS and don’t know a damn thing that I want to know. Like your name, who you are, or why you are here.”
She held up a finger and opened her mouth, but said nothing. “What. Is. Your. Name?” I asked, hand restlessly flexing, sparks intensifying into miniature explosions, and it crawled slightly closer to her everys second. “Better answer quick.”
She shook her head. “You wouldn’t hurt me.”
I flicked my wrist. She flew across the room with a loud crack, a terrified scream, and an explosion. “POTATO!” Darcy yelled, “ARE YOU CRAZY!?” I looked up at her, eyes blazing with anger, head slowly turning towards the target. I felt her discomfort, and heard her shuffle. “Yes, I’m crazy. I’m also making a point.” The girl slowly scrambled into a sitting position; her right cheekbone looked bruised, and she held her left arm. She slumped a little bit. I heard Darcy huff out a loud, full breath. The girl looked extremely scared, and I laughed aloud.
“Don’t act like you’re scared. I can see it in your eyes; you aren’t afraid and you aren’t scared; that didn’t hurt anything but your cheek and your pride.” The girl felt her cheek and flinched slightly, but let go of her arm and retained a normal sitting position. “Ashley. It’s f****n Ashley, you freaky asshat.”
I grinned. “Was that so difficult? Nice to meet you, Ashley. I’m Dasken. That there is Darcy.” Darcy waved half-heartedly, brooding by the doorway. Ashley gave me a look that could kill a horse. “You are a f*****g a*s, you know that?” I laughed again. “Not afraid to speak your mind, eh?” She turned away, Darcy walked outside and screamed loudly at the sky, and I stood up and walked over to Ashley. I held out my hand. “Come on, get up.”
She looked up, shooting daggers, but I didn’t care. I grabbed her hand hand hauled her up easily. She eyed me up and down. “Why suddenly so nice?”
“You told me what I needed to know. Took five hours, but you told me; sorry for being such an asshat.” She huffed and turned away. I felt myself fly through the front doorway and was greeted with a hand across the face. The mark stung my cheek.
“What is wrong with you!?” Darcy yelled. I shrugged. “Ever met me?”
I felt the blow before I saw it; I felt my jaw rattle, and I stumbled back a few feet. I twitched. I took a shaky breath, every muscle suddenly pumping with adrenaline and pulsating with rage. I didn’t speak. “GODDAMN IT, SAY SOMETHING!” Darcy screamed. She threw another punch, but it stopped short. She screamed and began to cry, throwing the other fist. I held up my hand and blocked the blow. My eyes became loaded guns, and I aimed them at Darcy. She flinched away, and her arms fell at her sides. She looked down. “I thought you’d hurt yourself because of that stunt.”
“Face is my trigger point. Do NOT hit me in the face again.”
She began to cry and, as I looked at her while looking at my conflicting emotions roiling within my mind and body, I froze. I was unsure on what to do; my body screamed, energy pumping and adrenaline flowing through my very being. I wanted to do something, but I couldn’t determine what, exactly, it was I wanted to do. I looked down, and did nothing. My powers died down; my heart rate went up. I looked at her, then in at the house; I began to pace back and forth across the lawn. Ashley walked to the doorway, head peeking out, unsure if she should intervene or not. My muscles tensed, and my eyes widened. I stopped walking. My left leg twitched, and my foot started to tap independently of my leg. I coughed, and realized I wasn’t getting quite enough oxygen. I felt a stomach cramp overtake my torso, and my lungs seemed to lock up. I closed my eyes.
Not now. Please not now.
I opened my eyes, and found the two were looking at me. I looked at the two, then noticed my arm had begun to twitch. I took a deep breath for no reason; I couldn’t complete it, and my whole body slightly convulsed. My mind became foggy, memory increasing so I would remember this god-forsaken reaction for as long as I live. I felt like I wanted to curl up and sleep forever, while at the same time I wanted to put my head through a wall. Moments of the previous events in the house continuously flashed and roiled in my mind, and I fell to my knees. I shook my head, trying to clear it, only to become dizzy and weaker, body overtaking mind and fear overtaking body.
“Dask..?” Darcy muttered. I didn’t look up, simply kept twitching. I heard Ashley come out to the yard and gasp quietly. “I think he’s having an anxiety attack.” I heard her say. I rubbed my hair frantically, reactions intensifying due to a fear of what I looked like right now. “Don’t worry…” I muttered, voice rattling and far too loud. I heard footsteps, and I looked up. The two were backing up. I felt a few tears dribble out of my eye. I looked around, and noticed a few explosions scattered around me. I held it in, and the explosions stopped. I got up, and slowly and tightly hobbled into the house, up the stairs, and into my old room. I gently curled up on the bed. Within a few minutes, I had fallen asleep, looking out my window at the beautifully unfitting sunset. I woke up still looking out the window, now nighttime. The moon flashed in a brilliant crescent, and a few stars freckled the sky.
I turned over and froze. I saw Darcy and Ashley standing at the doorway. I slowly got out of my bed, then decided to sit on the edge of it.
“How much did you see?”
There was silence, then, “All of it.”
I looked down. “I never wanted you to actually see me like that.” I sighed. “How long did I sleep?”
“Three and a half hours,” Ashley stated, “And you muttered stuff in your sleep.”
I held in a facepalm. “What? What did I say?”
Darcy blushed and flushed, somehow, at the same time. “Oh, god…” I muttered, and I felt my face get warm. “I don’t need to know.”
Ashley frowned. “Darcy told me about you guys, and I thought it only fair to tell you both about myself together.” She looked down. “Sorry about your family.”
I shrugged. “I’ve accepted that they’re gone.” The duo both looked up at me, Darcy’s eyes wide and mouth open and Ashley’s face paling.
“I, uh… I have a few… disorders.” I muttered. “Looks like I have some more stuff to explain to you guys both.”


© 2017 Prototato


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on April 3, 2017
Last Updated on April 3, 2017


Author

Prototato
Prototato

Little Canada, MN



About
I'm an aspiring author of 16 years, and according to my family and friends, I have some sort of raw talent for it. Personally, I don't see it... What I DO see is my insanity. I'd love for your anal.. more..

Writing
The Park The Park

A Story by Prototato


The Plague The Plague

A Poem by Prototato