The demon inside

The demon inside

A Story by Valkyrie Warrior
"

It's true, he's there and he's hungry.

"

I stood in front of the mirror, staring at my reflection.  I still hadn’t really gotten used to my new red eyes. They had only been red a little while, ever since he arrived. The demon inside me was hungry, he was always hungry. I could suppress the hunger but one night of month, on the new moon, the hunger demand to be sated. I had tried everything to get him out, but he was still there, looking through my eyes, speaking through my lips and killing with my hands. I could hear dad staggering around downstairs. I knew he’d call for me and I would have to go. But what if this time he kills me. The demon inside me writhed, I looked out the window, no moon. Tonight was the night. Dad bellowed for me and I winched, the bruises from last night still fresh on my skin. Kill the demon inside whispered kill. I opened the door and went downstairs. Now dad lays dead on the kitchen floor, blood making a deadly silhouette around his lifeless body. I don’t know, maybe this demon wasn’t such a bad thing after all.       

 

 

 

 

 

2nd

May 13, 2015


 

 

 

 

6th place

Jan 18, 2015


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2015 Valkyrie Warrior


Author's Note

Valkyrie Warrior
I have made it horror now thank you all for your help :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Mystery or horror? A interesting tale. You gave enough to create situation and bad ending. You left open the door for the who, why, what, where and how of this tale. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you. Cool, I curently have it under ficton but if i get enough reviews saying it is a more exa.. read more
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Always decision of the writer. Had the option to be in a few places.
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thanks ;).............................



Reviews

THis is horror, and also micro-fiction.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your review
hmmmmmmmmmmm... Whelp, obviously fiction... I am thinking Suspense and a hint of the sub genre Gothic-Horror...? Not entirely sure.

Either way... IT WAS FANTASTIC! I want to read more Lorna!!!

How have you been by the way girlie????

Posted 9 Years Ago


Konigin

9 Years Ago

wait... how do you have half of a sibling?????????????
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

I have a grow up half brother called Nigel, he's my dad's son.
Konigin

9 Years Ago

OHHH That makes a lot more sense now!
Dinner's done. I gotta go! Hope your day goes well! Bye .. read more
Mystery or horror? A interesting tale. You gave enough to create situation and bad ending. You left open the door for the who, why, what, where and how of this tale. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you. Cool, I curently have it under ficton but if i get enough reviews saying it is a more exa.. read more
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Always decision of the writer. Had the option to be in a few places.
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thanks ;).............................

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

720 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 3, 2014
Last Updated on July 7, 2015

Author

Valkyrie Warrior
Valkyrie Warrior

Vallhallah , My mind



About
Hello again I have decided to return to this community for real this time. Sorry to all those who sent me read requests, I am getting on to those as you read this :) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Enough Enough

A Poem by K.M