Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by lostdiadem
"

Just an introduction to the characters before the real story begins.

"

Prologue

It was a beautiful summer day. Birds whistled in the trees, and cicadas occasionally buzzed on the leaves. The sky was blue, and every once in a while a cloud would drift by, scattered like flowers in a field. The air was warm, with a small wind blowing a cool breeze to top off all the perfection.

We were sitting on the grass. It was just me and him. Together we sat, watching the clouds float past.

Finally, he spoke. “Annabelle,” he said, slowly and nervously. “I’ve been wanting to tell you this for a long time, and I finally, finally gained enough courage. So, here goes…” he cut off for a second as I sat there, waiting anxiously for what he wanted to say, and hoping it was what I wanted to hear… “I-” he stopped again and picked at the grass. “Annabelle, I really li-” BAM.

 

Something hard smacked me in the head. “Annabelle, ANNABELLE!!! Get up you lazy freak! Class is over! You fell asleep again!” “Ughhh… whaa?”

I sat up and rubbed my head. “Oww… Melanie if you ruined my dream!” She scowled and dragged me off my chair. “Enough of that crap, school is over!”

Melanie is my best friend. I’ve known her for as long as I can remember. We live across the street from each other, and go to the same school. Despite her tough moody self, I love her and I would be completely lost in life if she wasn’t there with me.

Falling asleep in school is a habit of mine. If something’s not interesting, I don’t listen. Usually I’ll draw or think, but sometimes I end up falling asleep. Well, maybe a little more than “sometimes”.

I’m in the eighth grade, and go to Birkwood Junior High. Though usually quiet in class, I’m a complete physco in the hallways and at lunch. My friends think I’m crazy, but they always say I’m that type of person anyone would love.

 

I followed Melanie outside. The sun blinded us with it’s hot and bright rays. The sky was the same color it had been in my dream.

My dream. My same re-accruing dream. The only thing- it never finishes! There’s always a distraction that wakes me up, and always at the best part too.

The guy in my dream was just a fake, I have no one in particular in mind. Just someone I wished was real.

We started walking home. Melanie and I always walk home together if the weather is good, being neighbors and all. Our neighborhood is right down the street from our school, and our school year’s almost over; about a week left, thank God. Soon, we won’t have to walk here every day, and soon we will be high-scholars!

 

As we turned down our street, Athens Ave., my phone rang. “Hello?” I answered. “Hey, Annabelle,” it was my buddy, Shayde.

Shayde is my best guy friend. I’ve known him since elementary and we’ve been good friends for a while now. I can talk to him about anything, and know he’ll always listen.

“You left your jacket in my locker,” continued Shayde on the phone. Right… I took my jacket off because my sixth hour class is really hot, but didn’t have time to put it back in my locker. I didn’t want to carry it around, so I asked if he could keep it in his locker. He agreed. “Ok, I’ll come pick it up before first hour tomorrow,” I replied. “Alright, see ya’ then, bye.” “Bye.”

“Who was that?” Melanie wondered as I turned up my driveway. “Just Shayde, I left my jacket in his locker.” “Oh, okay, seeya later bro.” “Bye.”

 

I opened my front door and found what I usually see every day after school. My two five-year-old twin sisters, Kaylie and Ashley, were running around causing havoc. Today, it was spraying whip cream around the kitchen. My mom and dad were chasing them, cleaning up and trying to get the whip crème bottle out of their hands, while my ten-year-old brother, Trevor, sat at the table eating ice cream, quiet as usual.

“Hey Mom, hey Dad! Hey, Kaylie, Ashley, and Trevor!” I ran up to all of them and gave them a hug. “How was your day?” asked my mom. “Fine, boring, no homework!” I replied, enthusiastically. “Great!” replied my dad. I grabbed something to eat, then ran upstairs to my room to drop off my stuff.

 

I pushed open the door. My fifteen-year-old sister, Sadie, was brushing her long, straight dark blonde hair, listening to music. She’s very pretty, and loves everyone. Everyone in her school knows and loves her, and she likes school a lot for the social aspect. (She’s in her last year of high school)

I dropped my stuff down then sat on the bed and chowed down on cheeze-its. Sadie didn’t notice me at first, but when she did she came up to me and gave me a huge bear-hug. “How was school,” she asked, stealing a handful of cheeze-its. “It was good, you?” “Great!” “Awesome!”

We talked about our day, but were soon interrupted by a loud bang in the hallway. Walking out we found Landon, my seventeen-year-old brother, and Jaydon, my eighteen-year-old brother goofing around. Landon was on the floor and Jaydon was standing next to him, laughing. “Haha, you idiot!” Laughed Jaydon. Landon didn’t think it was so funny and punched him in the ribs. “Shut up!” he screeched, and Jaydon punched him back. Sadie yelled at him to stop, then headed back into our room. (We share a room.) Hopefully they’d listen.

 

Everyday is like this at our house. Something is always happening; there is never a dull moment. Sometimes its good to be at school, to escape the extreme bionic atmosphere of my house. Other times, it’s the other way around.

 

You think your life is crazy? Well, welcome to mine.



© 2011 lostdiadem


Author's Note

lostdiadem
This is just the prologue, I'll post chapter one soon since I'm already done writing it and starting chapter two. Again, comments, ideas, and criticism is appreciated! Thanks:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on January 26, 2011
Last Updated on January 26, 2011
Tags: friendship, adventure, best guy friend, fantasy, kidnapping, teen, love


Author

lostdiadem
lostdiadem

About
I'm a young writer who's always lliked to write since elementry school. I make my writing creative and abstract; basically my own fantasies written down on paper. Writing gives me a good chance to exp.. more..

Writing