Laughing and Running from Something that is Coming

Laughing and Running from Something that is Coming

A Poem by lostmymarbles487
"

bullying of the worse kind. being laughed at for being different and running away from all the teasing only to realize that we are all running from something.

"

Hey you! Yeah you! Are you laughing at me!? Are you laughing at me. Are you laughing at me? What is so funny? What is there to laugh at? What is there to point fingers at?  What is there to call names at? There is only me standing here waiting, just waiting. No one else is here. No one else but me…. Maybe it’s my hair. Is my hair too short? I just cut it this month. I know it’s a bit weird. Or maybe it is because my hair is too long? Are the ends sticking up in all the wrong places making awkward things like me? Or maybe it’s just the shirt that I’m wearing. Is the sticker still on? Am I wearing it wrong? Or maybe just maybe it’s something else. Is it something else about me??? Are my jeans too worn down, torn from running. Running and running and running and running. Tired from running but no one is coming. No one would come for nobody like me. Uncharted. Nonexistent. Off the map. Unknown. It’s like I don’t even exist in this world. Foreigner. Unwanted. Outsider. Not cloned. Nobody would come for nobody like me. Only the somebody’s. They come for the somebody’s. The somebody’s like you. Like you. Just like you. They come for the somebody’s just like you……wait….hold on…let me get this straight…….so you tease me but what about you? What about you. YEAH! What about you!? You who smirks and smile at me. You who share snide side comments about me. You who think you have coolest look, the coolest clothes and the coolest shoes. You even claim that you are the one who invented cool when you are not cool, in fact, you are just like me. Running and running and running and running, just like me, you are running from something that is coming.

© 2012 lostmymarbles487


Author's Note

lostmymarbles487
tell me if you understand this vignette. if this has struck a chord within you. if you are a someone just like me who is running. also feel free to make comments on how i can improve. thanks for the read

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Like it, a short piece of prose-poetry with a lot of anger and an incredible dynamic,it appeals to all of us who have the courage to be different.Keep running,keep writing and in the end you will be proved as cooler than the cool.



Posted 12 Years Ago


This is something I haven't seen before, I really like it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Just Like Me - a truly worded phrase of turning times, a well pointed piece, I feel your rage! x

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2012
Last Updated on March 9, 2012