Coffee Mug

Coffee Mug

A Story by Kain Delo
"

A cute story about a couple's first date.

"

DATE STARTED: JUNE 26, 2014
DATE FINISHED: JUNE 30, 2014
DATE EDITED: JUNE 30, 2014


“Where do you want to go?” I asked him, knowing that the choices were superbly limited given the fact that I live in a boring city. “What do you think?” He replied, shrugging.


Oh my gods. I’m absolutely blank. Where do I take a foreigner? “We could watch a movie or go to the museum of complete and utter boredom or just hang out at a café somewhere and write something up.” I suggested, my voice cracking a bit from embarrassment. In the middle of my sentence, I realized we actually had to write something up for fanfiction.


Before Ellie could reply, I cut him off and his mouth was left open, never to form the words they were supposed to form. Never to reveal that secret to anyone.  Ever. “But we should really get cracking on another chapter.” Ellie shut his mouth and slowly nodded.


Soon, we found ourselves at my favorite after-exams hangout, Booke Latte, fighting over where to sit amidst the different varieties available in the almost-always empty store. “We are most definitely not going to sit on those separate chairs, Ev! I’ve waited too long for physical contact and a goddamn seating arrangement sure as hell won’t stop me.” He complained, dragging me to the cushy pink velvet couch where I always sat with Jones and Mitch, and sat me down beside him.


I didn’t even get to complain!


The pink-apron, blue-colored, ‘Book Latte’ t-shirt wearing waitress came over seconds later and asked what we would like to order. “A cup of black coffee and a marshmallow latte.” I said to her, adding that I’d pay for it later in my native tongue so Ellie wouldn’t understand.


The lady nodded and walked away to the back of the store to prepare the order. And just like that, we were alone for once.


Apparently Ellie notices this too because he didn’t hesitate to put an arm around me and give me a kiss on the cheek. “Couldn’t help it,” he explained, pulling me closer. Closer. Closer still. Up until I was basically glued to his hip. It felt oddly like a group hug between friends. Comfy. No point resisting him.


“We should probably get started.”


I pulled out a wad of paper out of my bag and my trusty number one pencil and one of my purple felt-tip pen and gestured for him to begin. He sighed but made no move towards the writing materials. And that was how we stayed until our drinks arrived. Me in his arms, completely unmoving. Until I realized we were having a silent contest on who would succumb to thirst first.


My eyes moved from Ellie to my drink. Ellie, drink. Ellie, drink. Ellie, drink. Ellie-dr- “I can’t ignore my coffee anymore!” He groaned, grabbed his “I love Booke Latte” mug and sipped it’s plain contents. “you weakling!” I teased, picking up a similar-looking mug with creamy, white foam brimming at the top, knowing that there were mini marshmallows hidden underneath.


The sweetness combined with the complimenting heat was like heaven in my mouth, making me lose myself in its blissful trap. I let out a moan, who couldn’t, and heard Ellie laugh beside me. “One day,” he begun, taking another sip of his own drink, “I’m going to make you moan like that.” I choked on my latte and coughed haphazardly. “That will be the closest you’ll get to making me choke, hun.” I responded, still slightly coughing. 

Fearing that an asthma attack might follow.


“Absolutely impenetrable!” He exclaimed.


Soon, we settled into a comfortable stillness. The sound of the fan and the rhythmic drone of the cold air conditioning were drowned by the emphasized beating of my heart. A memory flashed in my head. It was of Princess, telling me that I should be wary of the man whose arms I was in now. The trepid footsteps that followed Princess and I when she said so were synchronized, like the laugh we shared following the moment after she expressed her concern. I shake the memory away like an annoying fly, squinting my eyes, thinking it would help.


“What’s wrong?” Ellie asked, putting his empty mug down on its coaster. I shook my head. He doesn’t have to know about the words stringing together in my head like a DIY loomband. Sometimes, things should remain within one’s person.  Adding an air of mystery and intrigue. I hear Ellie calling my name and I’m pulled out of my train of thought. “It needs a little bit more coffee but its otherwise okay-ish.” He commented, my purple mug in his left hand.


“Give that back!” He grinned. The devil, they say is a man who cheats, slanders and kills. Ellie may as well be one for separating me from my latte.


On a scale of ‘he’s going to give me back my mug’ to ‘he freaking will give me back my mug’, I’m going to rate this as ‘He is going to give me back my latter whether he likes it or not.’


“I’m not giving this back. “He said with finality.


“Fine!” I pulled his shirt towards me and gave him a kiss, grabbing the mug from his unsuspecting hands.


I ended the kiss and winked. “Mine.” I proclaimed, holding the mug like it was Simba in the Lion King. Ellie pulled me into a bear hug and made his own proclamation.


“Mine.”

© 2014 Kain Delo


Author's Note

Kain Delo
A story I wrote a few months back about a guy when we first started dating. Yes, THAT kind of guy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can see why Princess warned her about this boy (i guess it's a her as it's autobiographical, but I think it could have been a guy, too) he is sleazy. Although I'm not sure if I got that impression from his actions, or from her lukewarm attitude 'no point resisting him'. She seemed more infatuated with her drink, and who can blame her? A marshmallow latte sounds delicious! This is indeed a cute story. I'm going to sound old now- it reminded me of how dating was when I was a teenager, particularly the teasing and the fighting over a coffee mug in lieu of a more refined way to make physical contact or initiate kissing. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
1 Review
Added on December 22, 2014
Last Updated on December 22, 2014
Tags: cute, romance, ack, Kain Delo, Kain, Delo, random, fluffy, Ellie, Evi

Author

Kain Delo
Kain Delo

Philippines



About
Hey there! I'm Kain. An eighteen year-old Political Science student that's been writing for roughly six years now. There isn't much that you need to know about me to enjoy my stories. I'm just a ra.. more..

Writing