Love is the Killer You Thought was Your Friend

Love is the Killer You Thought was Your Friend

A Story by Aurora
"

A story about a girl who is getting revenge on a brother and sister who kidnapped and tormented her for two weeks before she managed to get away.

"

 

Love is the Killer You Thought Was Your Friend

The prey of the beast screamed “Bloody murder!” I hear the song playing in the background. It was my favorite song at least before he came into my life turning it into a living nightmare. The room around me is dark and I’m a little bit dizzy. I try to lift my arms and kick my legs only to find that they are tied together. I want to scream but, my mouth is gagged. I want out of here I want to be free of this nightmare. Suddenly a door opens and I hear footsteps in the background I know It’s him. He’s looking down at me his dark green eyes serious, “You shouldn’t have tried to leave me. I warned you that I would always find you no matter where you went.”

I wake up covered in sweat looking around me. I’m still reliving the nightmare that Hayden put me through he kidnapped me and kept me locked up in a tiny airless room. I look at the girl she was young in her mid-twenties. She had light blue eyes and was serious looking. I look at her left arm and there’s a jagged scar all the way down. It scarred well I think to myself.

“Samia, I want you to close your eyes again and take me with you through every step of what happened to you.” She says in a smooth voice. 

“It all started when he came to the school. I was supposed to help him which I was but, soon he started following me. He would call and breathe heavily then hang up. I thought he was harmless but, he proved otherwise to me.” I was talking to my psychotherapist because I needed help to get over my nightmare.

“Hayden stole more than two weeks of my life he made sure he would leave me in complete ruins; he made my life a mess now I can’t even sleep without those memories flooding back.”

He won’t leave me alone, he follows me, he laughs at me and breathes down my neck. I just want him to go away. I’m scared to leave my apartment because he just follows me no matter where I go no matter where I hide he always finds me. “Love is ghost haunting your head, love is the killer you thought was your friend, love is the creature who lives in the dark, sneak up will stick you and painfully pick you apart.” I hear him whisper in my ear. I turn to face him behind me. Hayden had serious dark green eyes; he looked quite handsome when he wasn’t scaring me to death. He had short dark hair and he had an evil smile.

“You’ve made me a prisoner of your own sick twisted reality.” I yell angrily.” I just wanted to be left alone to live my life but, you’ve taken that from me.” I’m angry at him for having thought it was ok to make me miserable and to take away my freedom.

I wake up fast breathing hard. I had agreed to go back to that dark place and recount all those memories that I just wanted to delete even though I couldn’t.

“Now, Samia we aren’t finished can we please continue from where we left off? If you’re going to get better we have to get through this.” I look at her blue eyes her small face much like his.

“I know I’m just terrified because I’m reliving all of that and I don’t want to.” I lay back down on the small black leather couch and close my eyes I’m back in that room at the same moment looking at his dark green eyes.

I step back from him but, he grabs my arm I struggle to pull away he just holds my arm tighter.

“I’m not letting you go that easy.” He says an angry smile forming on his lips. He pulls me closer towards him and wraps his free arm around me while I keep struggling making it difficult for him. He pulls a white cloth out of his pocket quickly and covers my mouth and nose with it. Suddenly the world is going dark fading out but, before I’m entirely gone he says, “That’s a whole lot better.”

The next thing I know I’m in that room with the song playing in the background. The prey of the beast screamed “Bloody murder!” I hear the song playing in the background. It was my favorite song at least before he came into my life turning it into a living nightmare. The room around me is dark and I’m a little bit dizzy. I try to lift my arms and kick my legs only to find that they are tied together. I want to scream but, my mouth is gagged. I want out of here I want to be free of this nightmare. Suddenly a door opens and I hear footsteps in the background I know It’s him. He’s looking down at me his dark green eyes serious, “You shouldn’t have tried to leave me. I warned you that I would always find you no matter where you went.” I’m afraid that he’s going to kill me like he has done with the rest.

He was a serial killer going from state to state and town to town looking for the girl to replace his old love. Before, he became obsessed he confessed to me that he was a killer I just never thought I’d be next. For two long weeks I’m tied up in that tiny airless room losing all hope of survival. I only hope that I may be the last victim he kills before he is caught and thrown in prison. I hear the footsteps and the door opens I see him standing there and I know it’s time for another one of his stories. He sits down on the floor next to me and begins.

“The last town I went to there was a girl named Mary. She was perfect but, like you she laughed in my face. She said she didn’t want to be in a relationship with a sick freak like me. I asked her to stop laughing but, she wouldn’t so enraged I stabbed her over and over again then I cut out her heart. I still have it if you’d like to see.” He laughs evilly before standing up to leave the room.

I open my eyes again this time I know I have to do this. This is all too have peace again after living with the truth for two years.  I sit up feeling scared no…terrified to close my eyes. Suddenly, Tricia plays the song ‘The Beast’ by Concrete Blonde and I curl up tears falling down my face. “Please turn it off.” I say between sobs. Reluctantly she does.

“Samia we’re going to get through this.” She says in a soothing tone. After I calm down enough I lay down again ready to finish the story.

After Hayden left I noticed that the rope around my wrists was a bit loose. I slowly wiggle my wrists and it loosens up a little more. Then I manage to get my right hand free then the left one. As soon as both my hands are free I sit up about to untie my legs when I hear his footsteps returning. I quickly lay back down putting my hands back behind my back pretending to be tied. The door opens again and I see his sinister grin. “Samia it’s your turn to die how should I kill you?” He asks before tilting his back and laughing. Then I notice someone in the doorway it was a woman’s figure.

“Hurry up Hayden we have to leave tonight.” She says in a hushed tone.

“We’ll have plenty of time to leave sis’ I just want to have my fun with her.” He says pointing almost free I still don’t have the strength to fight him. He and his sister starved me so I wouldn’t be able to get away. He bends over me looking for my hands. I notice that he sits the knife down and I grab it after he realizes that my hands are already untied. I stab his hand when it reaches to takes the knife from me. Then I use the little bit of strength to stab him in over and over again just like he did to Mary. I cut the rope off my legs and get up. The door opens and there’s the girl I run over to get out of the room when she sees the body on the floor. When she sees me coming she tries to grab me but, still holding knife I cut her arm leaving a long trail of blood while she screams out in pain. I look for more doors until I find the one that leads outside.

Once outside I notice it’s dark and the house I was trapped in is in the middle of nowhere. Still holding my knife I start walking looking for a road to take me home. While I walk I start to go a little crazy my sanity finally broken. I laugh a hysterical laugh until tears fall down my face. “I’m free finally free!” I yell out at nothing in particular. I keep walking and soon I find a road I don’t notice anyone or anything because I’ve finally lost it.

I wake up again done with my memories. I look at Tricia and I feel an evil smile sneaking up. “I’m done.” I say. I found out who that girl was who Hayden’s sister was and I’m staring at her.       

“I’m sorry Samia but, you killed my brother and now it’s time you die.” she says with a wicked smile. I get up and smile back wickedly at her.

“No Tricia It’s your turn to die.” with that I lunge at her and hit her hard with my tire iron I had brought in my purse with me. I tie her up just the way she and her brother had me tied up. “You see Tricia after I escaped from you and your brother I couldn’t cope with normal life especially after all the stories your brother told me about each of his victims. I tried to go back to being normal but, I kept having the urge to kill the girl who was there and when I found out you were that girl I just had to get my revenge on you. I came here when I came up with my plan.” I was successful with part of my plan now; I just have to kill you.” I say letting the evil from inside come out. I then pull out the knife I had kept as a keepsake from killing Hayden the one I used to slash the girl’s arm. I hold it up in the sunlight and then I stab her over and over again.

I leave the office covered in her blood and go to the police station. “I want to turn myself in. I just murdered Tricia Howell sister to Hayden Howell.” I say to the young officer at the desk.

“Miss are you alright?” he asks looking at me like I’m crazy.

“I’m fine.” I answer. Then an older cop comes up.

“I want to turn myself in for murder.” I say again. He just leads me off to hear my gruesome tale. I sit in a tiny holding cell while Officer Sheridan goes to check out my story.

© 2013 Aurora


Author's Note

Aurora
This is only a work of fiction that I wrote for a short story contest at my school for Halloween this year. I hope that everyone gives me their thoughts about how I could improve it and tell me if they liked it or not.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes, is best to not fall in love.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 29, 2013
Last Updated on September 29, 2013
Tags: horror, stalker, killer, locked, in, a, tiny, room

Author

Aurora
Aurora

Santa Fe NM, NM, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I write several different types of stories and poetry and things. I love to read and write and to share my writing with others so they can give me their own opinions about my writing. more..

Writing