light hearted

light hearted

A Story by Lovely Mistake

     I walk into the kitchen to get a candle. I light it and carefully and place it in the middle of the kitchen table. I sat staring at the flame for an hour, two hours? I wasn't exactly sure. Someone was at my door. They kept knocking. I got up cautiously and peered through the window. I couldn't believe what I saw.
     Carl was standing outside in the pouring rain with a dozen red roses in his hand. I looked closely and noticed that he was completely dry. I opened the door and he took my hand. The ground was cold under my feet and I shivered slightly. Carl hugged me close to him. I cold smell his cologne. It was very distinct, it had a strong undertone of spices. I pulled out of the hug just enough to look up into his eyes. Carl gave me the roses and whispered in my ear.
     "I would stop time so I could be with you for all eternity."
He kissed me cheek and lead me to the street.
"Hold my hand." He said. I wrapped my arms around him and let my mind go blank. Slowly my eyes shut for only an instant. But when i opened them again, we were no longer touching the ground.

© 2010 Lovely Mistake


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on June 18, 2010
Last Updated on June 18, 2010

Author

Lovely Mistake
Lovely Mistake

coatesville, PA



About
my parents are divorced. my dad got re-married. More about me: My favorite color is blue. I like to be outside. I like to read. I like to write, mostly poetry. I love to draw. I'm 16 now, i will b.. more..

Writing