Chapter 1 - a battle lost

Chapter 1 - a battle lost

A Chapter by Jessica
"

<3

"

“Callie”, a soft voice called. I couldn’t seem to look up and break free from my trance. I was sitting crossed legged on my best friend, Naomi’s, bed. In the distance was a picture of us both together at the May fair. She looked so happy. I couldn’t stop staring at it. Her smile taunted me as I thought about that day. She had so much fun. It was now only August and it was hard to think that just five days ago she was here with me; laughing, crying and worrying, and now she had gone. Cancer had beaten her and I was left here alone. Her funeral had been too much and I had escaped to her room to be alone and think, it always made me calmer being in her room. However she was normally here with me. It was all different now, but why?

“Callie-May honey, come on downstairs”, the voice whispered again. This time I drew my gaze away from the photo and looked up. The tears I was holding in my eyes were making it hard for me to see, but I noticed the familiar face. Naomi’s mother had always been lovely and been like a second mother to me. I knew that would never change when I saw the look in her eye.

“Callie. It’s okay to cry.” She was so beautiful just like her daughter. “She loved you... so much”.

I wiped my eyes and leant over to give her a hug. She was warm and I could feel her heart was racing. I wanted to tell her how much I loved Naomi, but I couldn’t. The lump in my throat was too big and stuck into my neck when I thought about her. I nodded in response to her and started out the door. It was going to be okay.

 

As I got downstairs I noticed Chelsea standing by the door. She caught my glance and started crying.

Chelsea was one of our closest friends and we both loved her so much. I ran over missing the last step and jumped at her.

“Callie”, she put her arms around me as she shouted my name and I started to cry once again.

Chelsea had soft mousey brown hair with deep green eyes. She was taller than me and always looked polished clean. Today she looked different. She had grey tracksuit bottoms on and a red t-shirt under her black hoodie. I knew how she felt. I felt the same way.

“Come on Babe. We’ve got each other so let’s go and say goodbye to our little angel”. She barley whispered in to my ear. I linked her arm and we both walked over to the coffin to see her beautiful face.  She was wearing the charm bracelet I had given her for her 16th birthday this year. I grinned and looked down at the same bracelet which hung from my wrist. She was so gorgeous. Her long brunette ringlets lay loosely over her shoulders and her eyes we softly closed. She had amazing, big, deep blue eyes.  I always thought she was incredibly lucky to have brown hair and blue eyes, one in a million. I pushed a wisp of her hair away from her face and stared at her for the last time.

“Forever and ever chick” I whispered quietly to her and blew her a kiss. I turned away holding Chelsea’s hand tightly and we walked over to the door. As we stepped outside I drew a breath of fresh air and tried to stop myself from breaking down in tears. I knew how hard Chelsea was trying too, being brave for me. We sat on the grass outside the house and looked to the sky.

“She’s up there you know? She told me so last week”. I slowly told Chelsea. I knew I was going to cry so I tried to put it off for as long as I could.

“I know sweetie. She’s watching us now and thinking what a pair of idiots”. She laughed out loud.

“I love you Naomi!” I screamed into the clear air. I really meant it. I felt something strange. It was as if I knew it was going to be okay.

 

 

 

CHAPTER 1 - PART 2 .. UPDATED ON 14TH JUNE!

 

Chelsea drove me home and as she pulled the car up outside the house, she turned to look at me. The look in her eyes was warm and loving. It was hard to stop my tears, understanding what she was feeling, but it was worse to know that what she was feeling was pain. Lindsay touched my hand and smiled.

“Do you want me to stay?” she asked softly. “I don’t mind, honestly”.

I grinned at her. She was so nice and considerate. How could I say no?

“Chelsea, I would really love you to”. I replied with total honestly. I did really want her to because she was the closest friend I had without Naomi. I needed somebody with me too, my mother and father were out of the country for a few months and I didn’t want to be by myself.

“Okay, well I’ll go home to get my things and be back in a moment. Okay?” She replied. 

I nodded in agreement, got out of the car and headed for the door. I opened the door and stepped inside closing the door behind me. I turned and gave a sigh, before slowly waling upstairs.

 

Chelsea turned up and we sat on my bed watching a movie with some chocolate and an old photo album. Naomi always claimed that chocolate could mend a broken heart, so we decided to try her advice out after all these years. I’d had many breakups before, but my heart had never truly been broken until now. We flipped through the numerous pages of family photos and came to our holiday in Hawaii. My uncle has a holiday home over there so me: Naomi, Chelsea and our other friend Gracie, all went over there to get a break from everything. It was Naomi’s idea because she thought we were going to stress ourselves out too much. As we went through the pictures page by page, dripping tears everywhere and shovelling chocolates into our mouths while passing each other large amounts of tissues, Chelsea turned to me with a blank expression on her face. I closed the book and put it on my lap and laid my head on the back of my bed.

“What?” I asked, confused. She continued to stare at me as I close my eyes and sighed.

“I’ve just never seen you like this before. Your always so happy” Chelsea knew me inside out and she also knew that Naomi would have never wanted to see me like this.

“I know, and Naomi would probably tell me to sort myself out and move on with my life... but I can’t” I gulped trying not to let a single tear fall.



© 2011 Jessica


Author's Note

Jessica
its just part of the first chapter to my book and it may seem boring but thats because i have to have this bit in to make the rest make sence. it will have twists though .

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I did not find it boring. In fact, I was listening to a slow, sad song while reading this and nearly cried! The emotion is fantastic and I would hate losing my friend. I think it was beautifully written, and I am interested to see how it will play out. I agree with Sky as well. It could benefit from being separated into more paragraphs. Other than that, I think it's great.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was nawt boring at all! It was really good. Well done. =D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J.M
This wasn't boring, it was really sweet about her friend. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I did not find it boring. In fact, I was listening to a slow, sad song while reading this and nearly cried! The emotion is fantastic and I would hate losing my friend. I think it was beautifully written, and I am interested to see how it will play out. I agree with Sky as well. It could benefit from being separated into more paragraphs. Other than that, I think it's great.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't find it boring but instead quite nice. It established the story well. You should separate it in a bit more paragraphs though.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 12, 2010
Last Updated on January 22, 2011
Tags: romance, death, relationships, love


Author

Jessica
Jessica

United Kingdom



About
I'm 23 and since as long as i can remember i have always loved to read, write and draw. Although i am not pursuing this as a career i would not be me, without my love for those things. more..

Writing
I am poem I am poem

A Poem by Jessica


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jessica